BPD's billet FICM

strokin6L

Reaction score
Adam..no. However i did start it again yesterday and after it fired it romped again haha. So i yanked it off. This morning it split it apart and cut the other wire to switch it back to 48v and put it back together. Just gotta get it back on the truck and see what it does now. So far from what i noticed is that if you already have a tuned FICM...increasing the voltage to 58v isn't gonna do anything. However if you have a stock FICM...then increasing the voltage will probaby have benefits.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Interesting. I haven't really noticed a change in smoke output between the different one's I've used, but I've played with a tuned FICM and video taped it on the dyno and the tuned FICM's seem to fuel harder up top.

at tip in and part throttle the fuel comes on quicker. this is true for stock 03/04 ficm tunes or custom.

fueling more up top is relative to what ficm tune the truck had in it before tuning it. the first and latest inductive heat ficm strategies detuned the trucks really bad. going from a good factory ficm flash to the php stuff does nothing from 2500rpm on up, there is a big boost in low end torque and throttle response however.

strokin6L

Reaction score
took a vid this morning of the truck. It's got romps with the BPD FICM at 48v also. Notice for the first 10 seconds or so it didn't have them at all....then all of a sudden. To bad i didn't send my factory power supply board back to BPD or i'd put it back in to test it to see the difference. Now it never idled this bad at all with the stock power supply...actually it idled great when cold started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbK8PRhNm0

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
the FICM on my truck is a 4pin from a 05-07. I do have my original 03-04 7pin with ID's FICM tuning that gave my truck cold start issues a couple years ago. However i need to send it out to Ed@FICM repair. I should to that and see how it starts then with a factory power supply. If it still does it...i'm sure it's the spool valves, but weird thing is...is that it didn't do this before the BPD install.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
if the frequency to the injector coils is different with the BPD FICM it may be showing some weak spool valves. can you perform a power balance test?

strokin6L

Reaction score
weekendwarriorfsw32;582370[FONT="Arial Black" said:
]Contact Innovative and update your FICM tuner, [/FONT]they now have one with a Hybrid inductive heating stragity. Works great with my BPD 58v FICM. Starts great in the cold now.

That's gonna be hard to do as i don't have their tuner....never purchased it, just the tune itself.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Bummer. I guess I am in the same boat. I have been running a gearhead file with quite a bit of fuel pulled for the 64 and it only romped once, last weekend, after it had been sitting all week. It was like 15* out and I had it plugged in. Once I touched the brakes, it stopped, and hasn't done it since. I put 2k miles on this weekend, and I was parked overnight in Fargo at -2* with no place to plug it in. It started right up and never did it. I am confused.

Extended Power

Reaction score
So both of you have the BPD ficm, and have cold start issues still?
Did you change back to something you know works Chris?

strokin6L

Reaction score
At the time it was having cold start issues with the BPD FICM i had Eric tow tune in the truck. Switched to Tony's race tune and the issue went away for a while. Now it's back again. I have a good feeling i have some spool valves acting up.

Extended Power

Reaction score
At the time it was having cold start issues with the BPD FICM i had Eric tow tune in the truck. Switched to Tony's race tune and the issue went away for a while. Now it's back again. I have a good feeling i have some spool valves acting up.

Naugh...I know what the issue is...it's that BDP ficm.

Dump it as fast as you can...:lookaround:

BTW...I know someone looking for one. :naughty:

Latest posts