Brake dust??

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Well I usually wouldn't, But the Brake dust on the Fuel Couplers is very visible in the black windows lol. As long as the weather isn't bad I get away with a quick detail or quick wax wipe down twice a week. Usually after I've done a full fledged clay, wax , and seal I'm golden for a couple of months as long as I keep up with it. I like the Lucas quick wax as well. I use that after a full fledged detail and it keeps everything nice and slick with an awesome smell! I even use the Lucas on the wheels!

Charles

Just messing with you dude. I wish I had time to clean my wheels that often. I do agree that they show the dust very bad after a few days.

RyanOG

Reaction score
From what I read they upgraded the brakes in 13 and there was a noticeable increase in brake dust from the 11-12s but they also stop better. The brake dust on my 13 was bad but it did come off quick and easy every time. Had to change the front pads around 60k and the rears were needing changing at 72k when I traded it in. Thats with 37" toyo MTs from 19,000 miles on.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
This pic was taken 2 days after I detailed the wheels and truck lol. I have to had back Offshore tomorrow so I'll be ordering some Wagner ThermoQuiets to throw on when I get back. I will update this thread in 3 weeks when I get back in and get them on. I cleaned 1 portion of the wheel and swiped my finger down another for a comparison.

42A1D8BF-563A-40C7-ACEB-22CB0A19B349_1.jpg

Charles

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
Same here, going to get them opti-coated to help with the cleaning process, and then get some hawks.

Latest posts

Members online