Brake questions?

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Having an issue with the rear brakes sticking on the back of my truck. Seems to be primarily the rear passenger side brake, however all 4 will do it intermittently seemingly at different times.

Just took the rear caliper off and had a caliper slider break in my hands. They don't seem to be seized though, I pulled em out of the guide by hand, and they seem to be well lubed. What is the next step, or what to look for? Any suggestions?

There's nothing worse than going down hill and having to step on the gas to make it to the bottom :-(

edit: the slider broke cause I hit the nut on the end of it with an impact. Probabally wasn't broke until then...

bruce

Reaction score
I've had quite a few caliper problems over the years, not the rear though. It's usually just the piston hangin in my case. I've tried calipers from all the different chain stores and the dealership and they're all junk, but the chain stores generally have better warranty. Also might want to check or replace the rubber lines and check your parking brake.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Parking brake has been removed, and calipers are ~2 years old after replacing all brakes/parts on all 4 corners.

Truck doesn't get driven alot, i'd estimate maybe 20k km since all parts replaced. Unfortunately it's too damn cold out today to go check further into things!

Jomax

Reaction score
Seems like a caliper issue. I've had great luck with napas loaded calipers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online