brakes dragging on all four corners after axle swap

Arisley

Reaction score
How many times you done this? Im going to replace all my lines and brakes and its hard to get help when I have time to work on it. If its this easy, this is my new trick.

Ty, I have done my way a couple hundred times. Not only does it work, it is a complete fluid swap. No old contaminated fluid in there.

Arisley

Reaction score
I've just gone through this for the third (and final) time I hope. Once the calipers start sticking, I've been unable to ever make them function properly again. Take em apart, grease sliders, rinse repeat.. still sticky. I just replaced hoses, calipers, pads and hard lines. I plan on proactive maintenance, to disassemble everything 3 times a year and keep it greased. What a pita, but honestly, short of spending what, $4k for a set of Brembo's what is the alternative?

That's why you save old worn out drill bits. Wrap a bit with emery cloth, soak it with some brake fluid (I hate getting any fluid except brake fluid around brakes). Low speed hone with a drill to polish the bore up. If the rod wiggles in the bore, it's time to replace. If it is nice and loose, some high temp brake grease (I have actually found the cheapo O'Reilly's stuff is as good as the high dollar stuff) and you are good to go until the next brale job.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty, I have done my way a couple hundred times. Not only does it work, it is a complete fluid swap. No old contaminated fluid in there.

Yea. I do it that way too. Ive been spoiled by new vehicles but it used to be a Saturday morning deal. Crack the bleeders. Wash the truck. Check everything over. It works. My rear calipers made it 250k and they were still working fine but I parked the truck to start playing with it. Sitting did my truck no favors. It rusted out from sitting. Im fixing it now and I pledge to either use it and keep it clean of rust or keep it indoors during salt season.

I ordered a 17 platinum so ill get to work rusting that out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.