• stock rotors and yellow stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stock with hawk pads

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tims02ford

Reaction score
ok im running ebc Green stuff pads with powerstop rotors and my front wheels get so black so fast that it sucks need new ones. I need to know what the best set pads and rotors with very low dust

smokinstroker

Reaction score
OP any performance pad is going to have more dust than a "regular" pad. You are going to loose braking perfromance when switch to a regular pad or ceramic parts house pad.

Powerstop rotors along with ebc and the ones we sell are great for improving braking, but without an aggressive pad you are not going to see the improvement of the rotor.

Don't know if this helps you at all, but the dust is worth the stopping power more often than not.

Lang

Reaction score
Are they any good? As far as stopping warping dust etc.?

Yes they def stop better. Kinda surprises you. And I went with Hawks pads. I don't know about warping, haven't had the tires off to check. There is brake dust, wouldn't know how much is excessive bc i don't really try to keep my stock wheels purdy.

Aaron S

Reaction score
Ebc yellow front and green rear with ebc slotted and dimpled rotors stopped incredibly well but made a lot of noise and brake dust. Also became warped before I wore them out. Luckily I don't care about brake dust. 2002 axles.

Hawk pads didn't stop very well, but I cant remember whose rotors. Might have been slotted powerslot rotors. Rotors warped before the pads wore out. 2002 axles.

Napa pads on napa smooth rotors didn't warp but didn't stop well either. Changed out to ebc green without changing rotors, only had a couple of miles on the rotors. Stopped a little better but not much. Rotors never warped due to driving habits, only improper torque. 2006 axles.

Currently Brake Performance.com dimpled and slotted rotors and upgraded semi metallic pads. Currently stopping performance is very close to if not the same as ebc yellows but with absolutely no noise so far. Only around 5000 miles on them, time will tell on the warping and long term performance.

Latest posts

Members online