Breaking in a 2016 F350

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I do not know if every truck goes on the rollers (maybe its only a select few for quality control? I don't know LOL) but I know every truck does that test course as its even stated in the video.

mandkole

Reaction score
I do not know if every truck goes on the rollers (maybe its only a select few for quality control? I don't know LOL) but I know every truck does that test course as its even stated in the video.

Watched the vid it does not say every one is tested.

Not familiar with light truck, but Id say at minimum, the engines go through a quick run test before they are sent to shipping.

At most heavy truck plants, the engine line runs through a brief load/circulation test where all engines are checked and then the chassis line will send the completed truck across the rollers for a quick driveline check and through a water spray bath to check for cab leaks.

Far better to catch issues at the plant of mfg and they spend the money to do it.

14ccd

Reaction score
The, break in period is for the gears in the rear axle not the engine. If you are careful and do not floor it from a dead stop while towing, you will be fine.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I work at the peterbilt plant and I know we dyno every truck to make sure the engine output meets the spec'd hp/torque and also do another dyno to verify abs system is function. I would imagine ford does something similar.

Latest posts

Members online