brief summary of my truck

Riverside

Reaction score
Guessing water pump.

No oil in coolant or coolant in oil.
All lines and radiator were good.

Got a new pump, thermostats.
put it back together and see what it does.

I just hope it's not hurt past the water pump.
I haven't got to really listen to it or drive since after they were done with it.

Riverside

Reaction score
Damn. I'd have someone's head.

Yeah......I'm a little pissed to say the least.

Never even crossed my mind that they would treat my **** like that.
seriously, never thought they would of done that.

Ultimately it on me.....if I don't want my crap treated like that then I shouldn't loan it out.

sootie

Reaction score
Yeah......I'm a little pissed to say the least.

Never even crossed my mind that they would treat my **** like that.
seriously, never thought they would of done that.

Ultimately it on me.....if I don't want my crap treated like that then I shouldn't loan it out.

I have a different mindset. If I can afford to fix it, I will borrow it. If I can't, I wont. Let alone abuse it.

exactly. i remember a thread on here years ago and everyone making fun of some guys because they wouldn't let anyone else drive their truck. this is the exact reason i am very selective about who drives my pile. there are some members of my family that would never ever gets the keys to mine...

on the other hand-if i borrow someone elses stuff, it must be returned in better shape than i borrowed it in (full of fuel regardless of how much was in it when it was borrowed, wash it if its dirty etc) and most importantly-you break it you pay.

97stoker350

Reaction score
let me guess. this brother in law of yours drives some sort of toyota sedan or something of the sort? no respect for peoples ****. people catch bullets for that kinda stuff

Riverside

Reaction score
I have a different mindset. If I can afford to fix it, I will borrow it. If I can't, I wont. Let alone abuse it.

I hear ya there.
I've had to borrow things before......but I won't even touch it, even if I need it, if I can fix/replace it if something happens.

Because chit has a way of happening.

I just don't get doing that to someone else's stuff.

97stoker350

Reaction score
i just can't believe they had the nerve to say to your face "sorry we drove the absolute balls of your truck while we were supposed to be moving a couch". just wow

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Here hoping it's not a big issue. You have a lot of time, money, and knowing first hand what it's like to work on these, skin under the hood to have to dig back in to it to fix what someone else broke.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
exactly. i remember a thread on here years ago and everyone making fun of some guys because they wouldn't let anyone else drive their truck. this is the exact reason i am very selective about who drives my pile. there are some members of my family that would never ever gets the keys to mine...

on the other hand-if i borrow someone elses stuff, it must be returned in better shape than i borrowed it in (full of fuel regardless of how much was in it when it was borrowed, wash it if its dirty etc) and most importantly-you break it you pay.
This! I'll drive my truck and never get off the red line if I want to because it's mine! If someone respects and trusts me enough to let me borrow their property I feel privileged and want to keep that trust! I always bring it back in better condition than when it left!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

johnp115

Reaction score
Wow man I fell your frustration. Its an extremely disrespectful thing for someone to rag on your truck after you let them borrow it.

I had kindof the same thing happen with me. I drove my truck to this pretty notorious wheel shop to get my wheels balanced on a quality machine. I told them I only need a balance. No test drives needed. I hand them the keys, go to the bath room and see my truck driving off when I come out. I was furious. When it came back I walked into the shop, while still it was still running and looked at my egt gauge on the mini max and it was at 15xx* (not from me)went back to the front and raised hell. Nothing but disrespect and it just bothers you because you don't and won't know exactly what they did.

Broken or not, I look at it this way. If you take my truck out for a joy ride, do whatever, get away with it and nothing broke, you still caused damage that I will have to pay for eventually. Because say the next day I go out and get on it a little bit and my trans slips or something breaks. The first person may not have caused it, but they played part in it failing.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well,

My sister asked to borrow my truck to move a couch.....sure thing.....she has used it before in the past.
but not since this last round of upgrades.

Next day they bring my truck back......we broke your truck.....it's pouring water everywhere.

Go out, look at it.
it's got a heavy stream running off the front of the motor.

Looking around at the truck some more i find a ton of melted rubber on the back end......Im talking a lot....the kind of rubber that a magazine quality burn out puts on a truck.

back tires are a good 1/4" lower then the fronts now.

I just look at my sister and brother in law, FU<KING REALLY.

They say....sorry, we drove it kinda hard.

Guess they just had to see what it could do with new turbos...

Got the front of the truck tore apart again.
Didn't find any popped off hoses or broken coolant lines.
So took the water pump off. Didn't see anything that indicates where the water is coming from.
hoping it was coming out from the seal on the water pump shaft.

Cause it didn't seem to leak when running but it pours out when you shut if off.

Lesson learned.
Even when past experiences were good with letting her use it.....never trust anyone!

Cause ya never know when their going to treat it like a rental.

Wow. Just wow. :jawdrop: sorry to hear this man. Cant believe your own sibling would do this. Hopefully nothing is too hurt.

Riverside

Reaction score
...it just bothers you because you don't and won't know exactly what they did.

Broken or not, I look at it this way. If you take my truck out for a joy ride, do whatever, get away with it and nothing broke, you still caused damage that I will have to pay for eventually. Because say the next day I go out and get on it a little bit and my trans slips or something breaks. The first person may not have caused it, but they played part in it failing.

This right here is what I'm has me the most upset....

Whats going to show up later......

Did the turbos bet barked......if so how hard?.....Hope they didn't just stand on the converter....ect....you guys know what kind of **** can happen.

Just found out that they moved the couch right after they got it.....it wasn't till 11:30 that night that they decided to got to walmart......the marks are super close to their house and they live right next to Walmart......why is that relevant.......truck was stone cold when they melted the tires down.

That's not good

Cknox121

Reaction score
Sucks to hear bud. Hope all is well with it. 6.4 is a tough SOB though.

At least you didnt loan it out and they totaled it...ask me who I know about that.

sootie

Reaction score
take any of these bad situations and add alchohol to them...raises it to a whole new level of retardation. who knows what had been consumed by that time of day...smh

i just feel sorry for you. worst part is-you start a war about it and ppl just say "oh whats the big deal, its just a truck. no one got hurt and its not life or death..." the fact is, we are talking about principle here. or ethics.

97stoker350

Reaction score
I would seriously need to be restrained in your situation. Having torn my truck completely down with many hours of work and frustration to finally get it going and something bad happens really ***kin sucks. Then to have someone else be the reason it happened. Damn I'm pissed for you lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.