Broke the BTS last night..

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
buddies were bugging me for a ride so we head down to the local 711 and grab a drink so it can warm up. we are heading back and had it in my PHP daily tune and to be completely honest I didn't even floor it! it hit second, spun then got about 3 hops and BOOM. all neutral, no noise. im like oh god I don't hear a drive shaft scrapping! try 4 wheel, reverse, 2nd and first. nothin:jawdrop: was NOT expecting that of all things to break.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Bet you striped splines in the converter.... They had a bad batch a few years back. But anytime your truck hops in the back your bound to break somethen.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The sudden shock of the tires grabbing and spinning and grabbing again (hopping) can hurt any trans, even a built one.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Ive done it 4 times in one of my 4 Bts tranys, but we fixed that problem with the new batch of converters. It doesn't move an has kind of a slight wine sound. Brian will just have you bring the truck to him or send you a new converter if that's what it is.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
unfortunatly im about 1800 miles away, now shouldn't there be some sort of scraping sound or something if I broke the TC? theres no pump sound or anything at all. sorry im new to broken transmissions LOL

bad12jr

Reaction score
Pull the inspection plate and maybe it just had the bolts back out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I bought this private sale but got the green light from Brian before I bought it. its from a reseller he knows well so I felt a little better buying it. trans has around 6000 miles on it now

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
**** happens Just because you bought a bts never means it will never break or need to be freshened up. He makes a great trans but breaking stuff in a modded truck is a fact of life. Call him up I'm sure he will take care if you.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I bought this private sale but got the green light from Brian before I bought it. its from a reseller he knows well so I felt a little better buying it. trans has around 6000 miles on it now

Justin strong who you bought it from? If so I'm the one who sold him the trans.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
If you or Brian have any questions about the trans just have Brian call me an ill fill him in on when it was built, hp I had him build it for etc.

Latest posts

Members online