broken billet input shafts

black6.4

Reaction score
How many broken input shafts out there? Early this summer i broke a stock one when the converter was cut open it was junk so i had it rebuilt also the flexplate bent installed a new one with a tcs billet shaft from rudys i raced the truck 300ft fri nite with some hard launches at 30psi sat nite i was driving maybe 50mph and started to roll ino 5th lok and boom same as before whats everyones thaughts here and could it be something else besides the input? Thanks

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think broken inputs are one of the more common things to break in a tranny. 30Psi lanches is pretty harsh. I know some people have come out with whats claimed to be stronger then the tcs hd 300m shaft. I believe elite is one that I read recently.

black6.4

Reaction score
Ya i agree maybe 30psi wasnt needed but it didnt bounce and felt good lol...im hoping thats all that broke seemed the same as the first time ill have to look ino elites parts thanks

jdgleason

Reaction score
What tuning are you using? Could be some harsh shifts.

Elite actually just came out with a new aermet shafts which are quite a bit stronger than the 300m billet.

That being said the 300m shafts are pretty damn tough.

black6.4

Reaction score
Mike tuned my truck it shifts great i think....the truck also makes a good bit of power hasnt been on a dyno yet to throw numbers around.....so if i install a stronger shaft whats the next weak link im going to find lol

78f100

Reaction score
Mike tuned my truck it shifts great i think....the truck also makes a good bit of power hasnt been on a dyno yet to throw numbers around.....so if i install a stronger shaft whats the next weak link im going to find lol

Intermediate shaft.

black6.4

Reaction score
Sweet! Gotta pay to play i guess....from experience whats the tell sighns of these breaking or any diagnose solutions other than breaking down the trans?

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Could also try cryoing just as added security and for no more than it cost. Not guaranteed to keep from breaking though. Regardless the risk is always there especially in higher power trucks.

6.4strokin

Reaction score
I've broken a billet input shaft running innovative tunes I'm getting a big rev slam issue that hasn't been resolved and I think that's what weakened the shaft. I was on my race lock tune when my trans shifted into overdrive boom. Thinking about trying Matt's tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I've broken every hard part and have replaced everything with billet. Wheel hop kills and I have broken one by downshifting once. Sh1t breaks when you make power lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online