BTS 3-4 shift flair

Swaan

Reaction score
Can't you get the tunes adjusted to keep converter locked after 2nd gear???
It will shift firm but problem solved, no??
Why is the converter unlocking at all when it shifts, keep it locked!

This is the way my e4od shifted when I had it . Converter would stay locked after 2nd gear, worked good.

Last edited:

brettboat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My Ford trans did that and my BTS does that (just not as bad). Software has alot to do with it. Does it lock up good on WOT? Then **** it, it's good. Trying to make a E4OD/4R100 feel, "right", is damn near impossible. I've given up. Be happy

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I've been having the same issues. I've got JW trans and php tunes. Mine unlocks between 2-3 and 3-4. It does it at all throttle positions. Does it worse under full throttle. Seems to not do it if I have OD off and shift it myself. I'm chasing brake light bulbs, vss sensor, possibly doing a reman PCM.

Am I throwing money in the wrong direction? Will Dynoproven tunes fix the problem? Is this damaging the Trans?

mandkole

Reaction score
Id get AE and see if the TCC is slipping. Anything more than 20-30 rpm is slippage. Slippage is a key reason the PCM would command an unlock.

brettboat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've been having the same issues. I've got JW trans and php tunes. Mine unlocks between 2-3 and 3-4. It does it at all throttle positions. Does it worse under full throttle. Seems to not do it if I have OD off and shift it myself. I'm chasing brake light bulbs, vss sensor, possibly doing a reman PCM.

Am I throwing money in the wrong direction? Will Dynoproven tunes fix the problem? Is this damaging the Trans?

Than you have a problem

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Have you called JW. Brian told me that the only way to truly fix the problem is hydraulicly inside the trans. OBS trucks are famous for this due the the computer is too stupid....

One of these days I'm just gonna drive out to Brian and say here, fix it, give me the bill.

Reaction score
Providing it air checks..... 3-4 accumulator needs to be shimmed.. hope it hasn't been to long it will glaze the OD pack....

You might have to wait a bit but Brian should get ya taken care of :thumbup:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
It doesn't do it anymore with the lock up pattern of the gear head shifts, but it doesn't shift like I would like it to. But took the best of both evils

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I didn't like the ******** shifting. I have some new tunes coming tomorrow. New vss, vss pigtail & New brake pedal sensor. Next I will pull the pcm and check the chip connection.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.