BTS ATF

DocBar

Reaction score
FWIW, Brian told me to go with regular ATF from whomever when I got his transmission in April. IIRC, the choice was due to the power levels I was at and planned to increase to.

Big Calo

Reaction score
He told me to just get the cheapest I could find. Something about the cheapest stuff isn't as "slick" and will help the clutches hold better.

TARM

Reaction score
Well all I know is Schaeffers is what he puts in the trans he does at his shop and that its a pure POA synthetic oil. It can handle much higher heat and tends to dissipate heat better as well. I use it in all the vehicles I own which have all be compatible with the All Trans.

TARM

Reaction score
He also had a custom type f synthetic mixed up by schaeffers theres a couple 5 gal pals of that at mpd from brian.

Sure it was not just their all trans which is full syn trans fluid? I get it by the 5 gal buckets.

TARM

Reaction score
OK so still a full POA with a change to the additive package to exclude even the small amount of friction mod they used in the standard All trans. Interesting. I guess this would also mean if you are pushing high TQ levels as that is really what the trans is seeing you should be steering clear of even the newer formulation of Mercon V. Original MerV was the red bottle with higher friction modifiers and a no go for 4r100s. It was then reformulated in 07 to reduce this to allow use in 4r100 as well. They then switched the new formula to a black bottle. I think it still has the modifiers just a lesser amount. This would explain why Brian has given different answers depending on what the customer use is.

Think I will be giving Brian and Schaeffer's a call this week to see about getting some if it would be the best according to what I hear from Brian for my setup. No reason not to go with what would be ideal if I can.:shrug:

Latest posts

Members online