BTS hpops

pontiacross

Reaction score
Mike, Ross, what oil are you running? It's been suggested I go back to a dino 15w-40 and see if it runs cooler. Like Mike posted, he's running 10* or so warmer across the band than I am with stick t-stat. I think he's running synthetic too.

Tarm suggested that oil temps would likely not change that much by going back to a stock 195* t-stat. So I makes me wonder if diff oil makes a difference or not. Used to run a stock t-stat with Mobil delvac 15w-40 and (although not 100% sure) I don't remember oil temps being as high as they are now.

I am running 15w40 archer premium oil now but use to run just regular old shell rotella

Layson

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, the stock temp sensors are all over the place. I replaced mine and there was an 8 degree difference the old one and the new one. The new one was actually hotter.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to check it with AE if you have it. It isn't too hard to figure out how far off it is as well. You can throw a thermometer in the reservoir and turn the key on and check your scan gauge when it is either cold or with a hot engine. I actually bought an isspro temp gauge just so I could watch oil temps. I was having 250-260 degree oil temps with my terminator dual pumps. Once I got the IPR line routed back to the CC all was good after that. The tuning is dependent on oil temps, even when it gets that hot. Some tuners will actually hold back ICP at certain higher temperatures.

Latest posts

Members online