bts? suncoast? twisted?

TARM

Reaction score
That is currently my plan as well given I am in VA and we are down in little creek frequently through the year. If I need it checked over or need something changed they are right there. I am also hopeful that if they do right by their customers they can follow in the foot steps of BTS and JW as that is a very hard act to follow but even harder I think is being given the chance in the first place.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Another option..we ship BTS trans all over the continent..best shiped price to your door..PM me a shipping zip for a quote..

Cary

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
One thing I think some forget to consider is while there is no question on thed quality or warranty of bts jw ifc you are a long ways away even though they will back their work for life that does not include gvetting it to them and back to you. I think that shipping costg may shock a few people. All mechical things break and wear out. B you can be looking at $700 in shipping for that work. Thedre is no needd for ba big pouring out of how bts are worth it yada yada its ball been said likea billion times. The point is I think is some think once they get one of these super trannies their cash out lay is finished for life. Its only 2 or 3 yrs then its gonna cost ya some coin to ship it both ways. On the east coast it can be $700 or more depending.

Tarm, are you saying that if I get a BTS as a DD truck, that in 2-3 years I'll be pulling it because of worn out parts? I know things wear out but I have seen stock transmissions go for a long time. I know it all depends on how much power and how hard it's ran day in day out.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Thats not what he's saying he's saying IF As in IF **** happens

My BTS has 100k +..I'm pushing 450HP

Shipping isn't as bad as you may think on a BTS..we have better shipping rates than Brian..so it will be cheaper..

TARM

Reaction score
Exactly. My point is not toward the 450/750 and under DD crowd unless you are driving with your foot on the floor much of the time while pulling max loads like Charles does. Its more for those that push 500+/ 1100-1200 and might do some boosted launches or tend to drive the piss out of their trucks. I know it has caught more than one person off guard when they found out that 3-4 yr old BTS was not cheap to ship round trip and they had not consdiered that. THAT IS ALL I can not imagine a DD with mid power having issues for a long long time short of something that would show up very quick like a defective converter or the like. If I was doing my own install of a BTS which I would as its too far to drive, I would definitely choose to go thru someone like Caryt that shops for the best deal on shipping he can find as there is a huge spread of price where Brian its my understanding only use Fedex to ship. You have to expect that as they are very good but also one of the highest priced. You can not go wrong with BTS or JW.

It would be nice if Twisted also does what it takes to earn that kind of rep as its always nice to have options that are spread across the US. It does seem like they are earning a good rep so far.

TARM

Reaction score
Then it will likely last forever for you LOL

Honestly if I was under 400 HP and my stock tranny was still good I would elect to add a aftermarket 3 disc TQ converter and a valve body from BTS or JW. The first and main weakness is the weak converter the 7.3 come with. Next is the valve body setup. Then if for some reason you needed to go to a BTS later you would still get credit for the VB. You would only be out the 400 for a converter. But if you tranny is shot not just the converter not holding and slipping might as well take care of it with a full build tranny.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.