BTS Valve Body

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Ok guys have a quick question. Going to install my BTS valve body today and get fluid drained and stock valve body dropped. Unwrap btsvalve body and notice that I didn't have a plate on the stock vb. Need to know if the plate goes on before the vb or did I somehow get one from another year. Need to figure this out as I need the truck up and running by Monday morning. Any help is greatly appreiciated.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
ok so the plate goes between the vb and gasket , with nothing between it,tried fitting it on but have a small plastic ring that i either need to remove and reinstall after new plate or just set plate over it and bolt down.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
would that small plastic ring be the filter... when i did mine i just removed the VB, removed the small filter and put the metal plate up and reinstalled the little filter which will hold the plate inplace and bolted the VB back up. it was pretty simple i thought

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Yeah the ring is about an inch in diameter or so, hopefully i can pop it out and get this back together tomorrow . Thanks for the help guys

dave186

Reaction score
That ring is a filter, turn it and it will line up with some notches then come out. put up the plate and then reinstall the filter.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
frank how did you like that vb, how did help with shifting etc?

i like it. smoth shifts when driving and firm shifts when you hammer down on it. i had a chattering shift on the 2-3 shift and it straightned it right out.

the only thing i dont like is it wants to downshift too much when goin up hills instead of just pulling through. but i had it tuned for my truck and told him i have a chip in it.... don have it in yet but the VB is. so once the chip is in it may be all fine?? we will see

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Well got everything buttoned up and topped off. Took the truck for a short drive to get fluid flowing. So far the shifts are nice and smooth nothing compared to the shift kit i had in the other VB . Need to take it out on the highway so i can open her up and see how she feels. It will be a few days as my wife is in the hospital right now with contractions so I may not be on for a few days .

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I have been thinking about one of these to help the transmission last a little longer. Keep us updated on how it works out.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Finally got it out on the freeway and it is great. Shifts very good when under a hard acceleration run on onramp and shifts down when passing. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a good VB. They tailor the vb to your setup (engine mods and tire size).

Latest posts

Members online