Build me a tow pig

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Hasn't there been some negative feedback on WW2? Seems I read that on here somewhere.

Mine was definitely more laggy and smokey with the WW2, under normal daily driving conditions- towing

At a minimum, get an upgraded valve body and TC for your trans. I recommend BTS and John Woods.

I just did the transgo tugger kit on my valve body, it was easy and over half the cost of the already modified VBs that you buy

Matt_P

Reaction score
160/30's and a 38r would be perfect. Done that combo several times and everyone has loved it.

Totally agree with this. I just recently did a build for a customer that uses the truck to haul aircraft with a 45' gooseneck. Installed 160/30s, 38r, riff raff intake manifolds, bellowed up pipes, pacbrake exhaust brake and airbags, intake, exhaust, ts livewire with innovative tunes and he absolutely loves it. Says he never has any shortage of power towing

DocBar

Reaction score
Totally agree with this. I just recently did a build for a customer that uses the truck to haul aircraft with a 45' gooseneck. Installed 160/30s, 38r, riff raff intake manifolds, bellowed up pipes, pacbrake exhaust brake and airbags, intake, exhaust, ts live wire with innovative tunes and he absolutely loves it. Says he never has any shortage of power towing
How many miles do you have pulling with a 7.3 and 38R? And you recommend it?? I holler bull****

psduser1

Reaction score
How many miles do you have pulling with a 7.3 and 38R? And you recommend it?? I holler bull****

Its easy to sell that setup, because it flat works, lol.

They are a noisy sumbish for sure, though. Anything over a couple hours listening to that turbo will drive you to seriously consider a professional sound deadening project!

TyCorr

Reaction score
They arent always that noisy. There were some quickly produced batches with looser tolerances to speed up production(cost goes down too) and they whistle.really bad because of the tolerances. Additionally, you can put a billet wheel in and the noise is ***king gone! Not kinda, not partially, it goes away entirely.

I can see some people not giving a damn either way after dealing with a stock truck and then towing with a modded one.

Matt_P

Reaction score

Your kidding right? a 38r whistle annoys you towing? your dam right I'll recommend it for towing because it works great. If you can't handle some whistle, then put a stock turbo back on. I haven't heard a single complaint from a customer, but please feel free to recommend a better drop in option for a superduty for a customer

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Reasoning for not using the 1.15 housing? Not trying to be a smart butt, legitimate question here

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

Laggy IMO. I think PHP had also did a comparison and the truck actually lost power with it.

Main problem though is the ones I have ran are laggy. I just had to put one on my 97 to get it going temporarily, and I hate it.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Would a S@B intake help quite it down with the lid over the filter? I don't think it's that loud personally, maybe I'm used to it

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Holy identical from the side view if it ever goes up for sale send a pm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 87

Matt_P

Reaction score
Would a S@B intake help quite it down with the lid over the filter? I don't think it's that loud personally, maybe I'm used to it

It may help, that's the intake I put on with the last 38r. I never thought they were that incredibly loud either, especially after having an 03 six liter

cbf9703

Reaction score
Mine was definitely more laggy and smokey with the WW2, under normal daily driving conditions- towing

I just did the transgo tugger kit on my valve body, it was easy and over half the cost of the already modified VBs that you buy

I haven't had those issues with the WW2 that I'm running.

x2 on the Transgo tugger kits being an easy upgrade over stock.

psduser1

Reaction score
It may help, that's the intake I put on with the last 38r. I never thought they were that incredibly loud either, especially after having an 03 six liter

Not that the 38R is incredibly loud, just always in the background

Latest posts

Members online