• Build the 7.3

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Buy the 6.4

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The 6.4's/6.7's, and even 6.0's are super trucks. They are a mans truck and can do anything you'd ever ask for.

Mpoage

Reaction score
What im trying to figure out is how some of you guys dont think the new trucks are much different than your old 7.3's. It just boggles my mind...

20121218_170031.jpg

20121218_170058.jpg

20121218_164059.jpg

20121218_164102.jpg

powerSmokin

Reaction score
My 7.3 has 264k on it so I don't think I could get what I would want for it, even if I went back down to stock but its a shortbed 5 speed so ya never know.

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
I love 7.3 's as much as the next Guy but the 6.4' s are just animals! They have so much more power in stock form and are towing machines and with so much more comfortable!

SDstroker

Reaction score
If your going to be on the road alot I would get the 6.4. One thing with the 7.3 though is its more user friendly to work on. But with that said you should only have to pull the cab once, mod it and be done for cheaper and less parts.
I have often thought of selling my truck. I have taken it as far as I want to go and possibly look for something else. One thing my truck has going for it is that its paid off.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Damn those Platinums are awesome. Friggin work of art. I like the brushed metal ALOT more than I thought I would.

I'd rock a 6.7. With dpf intact and all....

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Damn those Platinums are awesome. Friggin work of art. I like the brushed metal ALOT more than I thought I would.

I'd rock a 6.7. With dpf intact and all....

I agree. I told my dad this exact thing the other day when we were talking about all the diesel regulations (he's scared about his TDI LOL). If I were to buy a 6.7L, I wouldn't touch it. I'd be satisfied with 400 HP/800 TQ with the DPF on. No more EPA issues, no more warranty issues, no more police issues.... Wish I could afford a 6.7L. :doh:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I dunno, something about the huge bling on the tailgate bugs me. I think if they did away with the brushed on the gate it would look stellar.... And used metal vs plastic from interior trim....

My .02, The 7.3 is an expsensive game for what you get.

MINK

Reaction score
I agree. I told my dad this exact thing the other day when we were talking about all the diesel regulations (he's scared about his TDI LOL). If I were to buy a 6.7L, I wouldn't touch it. I'd be satisfied with 400 HP/800 TQ with the DPF on. No more EPA issues, no more warranty issues, no more police issues.... Wish I could afford a 6.7L. :doh:

You have two 6.4s that you pay for along with insurance - one 6.7 would be cheaper.

I agree though - I've been looking at 6.7s often.

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
You have two 6.4s that you pay for along with insurance - one 6.7 would be cheaper.

I agree though - I've been looking at 6.7s often.

Wish I could. Unfortunately, my family has to have a tow rig when I'm out of town (which is 90% of the time).

sidwaz

Reaction score
I'd rather have $20k into a truck that I own rather than be in debt to my ears like 90% of America. I have a solid paying job and don't know how half the people on the forums can afford these new trucks.

Must have some rich daddys. :pimp:

Besides, stomping some flatbilled tool in a newer truck with an old 7.3 is well worth the price of admission. :pointlaugh::pointlaugh::pointlaugh:

Agreed :)

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1356215679263.jpg

I found this truck, its a lariat with grey leather and a sunroof. It has 170k but we bought it with a motor knock. Tore it down and had one bad lifter. We put IH pistons, front cover, oil pump, new bearings, studs, cam, pushrods, springs, low pressure fuel system and all new seals and gaskets. We bought the truck for $11k from ford dealer. Put around $6k in parts and have basically a brand new engine with no emmisions and after a brief break in period it will have dual fuelers, s480 and 100% nozzles.

But as it is now we have $18k in a truck with a new mildly built engine and the truck looks as good as any 50k mile truck around.

There are deals out there and you can score a real nice truck with maybe a need for repairs and build it. You can end up with a nicer truck then than you can buy for less money. My brother was looking for a 6.4 and I found this one. I told him if he didn't buy it I would! He is very happy with it.

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

Big Calo

Reaction score
discouraging isnt it...

Wouldn't say that, more eye opening than anything else. Especially what I need to fit my needs. I'll still have two 7.3s to play with. My OBS street truck, and a 99 CCLB, 4WD, SRW. Just need something for trips, and a tow pig.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.