build thread: year of the 7.3s

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
They aren't really categorized as either, it's not a true b code, hybrid or reverse hybrid.. Honestly, I don't know how to explain it all that well. As far as I know it's a b code body and that's about it. I wasn't filled in on Too many details of them other than how to tune them. When we get through testing them out the builder will be around to answer questions.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
That video is from a spit that is marked out to about 1/8 mile. Speedo doesn't look like it's moving as fast as it really does. Taylor can vouch for that, he's the one that recorded it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It really does not matter now who built them. I just want to see this thing run! Well it is. But like it could be. TW will take care of you for sure. I can see why that turbo is hard to light. 92mm wheel with a 1.15 will be laggy. But should be helped a little by tuning. You are just in the testing stages here on out is where it gets fun! :D

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
It also has Powerstruck tunes. They both run good, still working on each of the tunes. I need to get a video of the Powerstruck tunes, the don't fuel as hard but spool a little better. Me and justin are working to get fueling all figured out for them.

2000wa250

Reaction score
What are egts like under 2k rpm? I know when I was running the bigger housing I needed to hit about 550-650 degrees in egt before it started to spool.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
It gets pretty hot quick. We are still trying to play with tuning so much that it's not really a clean tune. I have 2 new tunes to try tomorrow and we will see how they do.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
It'll end up getting pushed out to about there. My other tunes shift at 4k and it pulls hard from 2k-4k. We are really trying to get the spool down right now and then move shift points up a bit.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Have to remember this is only the 3rd time it's even left the driveway. We're going to look at the misfire issue next weekend. It also has a ticking to it that we're thinking is valve train related that we have to pull apart this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online