Building a 2.6 Sled Puller

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Let me say It did pretty damn well on the dyno for it's first time out. I'll leave it up to Tadd or Wayne to post numbers. This truck impresses the hell out of me though

strokin6L

Reaction score
The 2.6 is a hell of a serious pulling class. I know its all about putting the power to the ground and not necessarily does the highest HP truck win. But with the 2.6 trucks in the mid west you're gonna need an easy 1000+ HP to be competitive. I'd love to see this thing hit well over 1000hp on fuel

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The 2.6 is a hell of a serious pulling class. I know its all about putting the power to the ground and not necessarily does the highest HP truck win. But with the 2.6 trucks in the mid west you're gonna need an easy 1000+ HP to be competitive. I'd love to see this thing hit well over 1000hp on fuel

No doubt.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How many 2.6 guys actually dyno other than engine dynos tho? Seams to me like not many because its hard to load it correctly

MINK

Reaction score
How many 2.6 guys actually dyno other than engine dynos tho? Seams to me like not many because its hard to load it correctly

True, but tell me what 13xxhp at the crank equals to?

Two years ago Toops did 960 to the wheels, he was lucky to get into top 8 at our local pulls.

I do agree with needing to put the power down though as I have seen 12xx hp dyno sheets for a 2.6 motor that once put into a truck couldnt place top 5 at Scheid last year...

Fact is there is guys making 12-1300hp at the crank AND getting the power to the track effectively, chits gotten out of hand but it makes for some great shows in the Midwest.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
True, but tell me what 13xxhp at the crank equals to?

Two years ago Toops did 960 to the wheels, he was lucky to get into top 8 at our local pulls.

I do agree with needing to put the power down though as I have seen 12xx hp dyno sheets for a 2.6 motor that once put into a truck couldnt place top 5 at Scheid last year...

Fact is there is guys making 12-1300hp at the crank AND getting the power to the track effectively, chits gotten out of hand but it makes for some great shows in the Midwest.

I love when people who don't come out here come and watch us farmers pull. We've got nothing better to do than build trucks, and it pisses people who live by beaches off, lol

MINK

Reaction score
Lol yes ^^^^. There are some who can pull (April and David @ DTS).

I know of a few that engine dynoed north of 1200hp. One that I know was a little over 1300. Makes me wonder how this 6.4 I'm doing will stack up.

I;m honestly excited to see what your truck is going to do, I truely think you can make a 6.4 win with the right touches.

I havnt forgotten you either, I still need to get my order placed!

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
We don't really know what to expect from this thing. This is just the starting point really and he needs to get out there and just compete, even if its last place. Then we work on more power, etc. etc.

That being said, in prior years this truck had placed in the top 10 at Scheids to MUCH more powerful dodges and duramax's so power is not everything but I know it is very important.

I have to say that yesterday's dyno session made me love 6.0's again. :evil

This thing reminds me of gasoline drag engines, its sounds stupid at 5400rpm, sounds way higher.

It really made me wish I could get a 6.4 to rev over 5000rpm :fustrate:

Right now I have peak power hitting at 4750rpm for those interested.

Latest posts

Members online