Building compounds

pwrstrk01

Reaction score
Thank you that is an old video but the only difference now is the tp38 was swapped out for a gtp38 and 3 inch intakes

euroford

Reaction score
Thank you that is an old video but the only difference now is the tp38 was swapped out for a gtp38 and 3 inch intakes

where did you source oil supply for the additional charger? did you just add a drain to the pan?

pwrstrk01

Reaction score
It drains into the valve cover and the pressure supply comes off the pressure port on the factory turbo pedestal

Back woods

Reaction score
Picked this up instead of messing with the OBS. It is a 2001 180k miles. Dana 60 truck but unsure if it is forged or not. Build date is 12/00.

rsion-3-0-img_20170415_180028254_hdr_1492296572953.jpg

emev0l

Reaction score
That truck should have PMR's, but you said you're only looking to make 425rwhp so you'll be fine.

emev0l

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust that list, especially 15 years later. Pull the inspection plug behind the oil filter. If the rods have bolts they're PMR's if they have studs they're forged.

Back woods

Reaction score
Truck was a 12/00 build date, will pull the plug today and see what it's got. Ordered some bellowed up-pipes and a gen 1 wicked wheel for it. Truck has a full 4" turbo back and a nice CAI setup. Have a cheap Dfuser 18k module I may throw on it for a few horsepower. Planning on upgrading the transmission cooler also. Nicest 7.3 I have owned to date.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust that list, especially 15 years later. Pull the inspection plug behind the oil filter. If the rods have bolts they're PMR's if they have studs they're forged.
there is a serial number list for the engines themselves.. so far from the few various 7.3s I have been around over the years, it was correct.. but I get what you are saying..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Truck was a 12/00 build date, will pull the plug today and see what it's got. Ordered some bellowed up-pipes and a gen 1 wicked wheel for it. Truck has a full 4" turbo back and a nice CAI setup. Have a cheap Dfuser 18k module I may throw on it for a few horsepower. Planning on upgrading the transmission cooler also. Nicest 7.3 I have owned to date.
if it isn't a donaldson filter setup then it aint nice... lol.. I hate those "high flow" oiled or dry filters..

I have used the d fuser in the past. even though it works, I dont recommend it.. it keeps icp way to high all the time.. like if you turn it all the way up then it will keep icp at idle way high also.. let's say you hold the throttle at 60mph on the flats and without even moving the throttle and you turn it all the way up, it basically acts like you just floored it wot..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back woods

Reaction score
Yeah Im not the biggest fan of the intake, would rather have the stock air box personally. Instead of taking it all apart and putting something different together it was easier just to buy a new filter for it. Also well aware of how the dfuser acts. It came off of a 2000 F350 I just sold. Will be good for just cruising around but will probably turn it down for towing.

Latest posts

Members online