• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Built 6.4

MichaelKrueger

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm brand new to the site and i have 6.4 power stroke. I have an afe air intake h&s tuner and egr delete. I want to built proof my truck. I'm trying to figure out what i need to do to it and what company's are better then others. I want my truck to last and the power can go up a little bit more but i don't want insanely amounts of power. Just want a clean reliable truck. Thanks!

duddy

Reaction score
The only thing that would stick out, would be head studs. I have been running mine tuned without studs and deleted for two years and not have had to do head gaskets yet. however they are in the plans. If you take care of it, depending on how you drive it, it should be fairly decent at this point.

Not sure on the egr delete you used, but my truck like the cold side charge cooler pipe upgrade. Boost pressure was the first thing I noticed when I was pulling.

STROKER

Reaction score
Talk to River City Diesel they do top notch work and are right in East Peoria.

duddy

Reaction score
Yup still on my stock one, Pulled the truck ten times this year, with blowing drive shafts out and the tranny is still fine. However I do not drive it like I stole it on a daily basis, but it does tend to spin the tires frequently.

HD F250

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm brand new to the site and i have 6.4 power stroke. I have an afe air intake h&s tuner and egr delete. I want to built proof my truck. I'm trying to figure out what i need to do to it and what company's are better then others. I want my truck to last and the power can go up a little bit more but i don't want insanely amounts of power. Just want a clean reliable truck. Thanks!

LOL....you are saying the same thing every other guy here. Just do some reading in the 6.4 section, as stated above, and you will learn a lot and be better informed on what you think is best for your truck. You might want to think about saving for a trans build also.

HD F250

Reaction score
Yep, keep reading and if you read first, it will keep you from spending all your money too fast. I should have taken my one advice. :fustrate:

I will give you my crappy opinion.....
Tune and DPF delete
Then, when have the money, lift the cab, delete EGR and coolers, install head studs and a larger (71, 72 or 75) atmospheric turbo (Elite, RCD,etc).
Then pray your trans last until u save enough pennies to upgrade it.

HD F250

Reaction score
We are here by Springfield, IL. If you want give me a call at the shop. We do a lot of these builds and can make the truck fun without going too far and losing the reliability.

Bump for a good guy! Oh yeah, he knows a little bit about 6.4's too.

jdgleason

Reaction score
My favorite set up to date has been stock fuel and a good atmosphere charger/set of turbos. Truck runs super cool, tows like a monster and wrecks house on the street.

sootie

Reaction score
Yep, keep reading and if you read first, it will keep you from spending all your money too fast. I should have taken my one advice. :fustrate:

I will give you my crappy opinion.....
Tune and DPF delete
Then, when have the money, lift the cab, delete EGR and coolers, install head studs and a larger (71, 72 or 75) atmospheric turbo (Elite, RCD,etc).
Then pray your trans last until u save enough pennies to upgrade it.

LOL couldnlt be said better.

think about ported intake manifold and cold side pipe as well

MichaelKrueger

Reaction score
My favorite set up to date has been stock fuel and a good atmosphere charger/set of turbos. Truck runs super cool, tows like a monster and wrecks house on the street.
Okay cool thanks man. I'm just praying my trans doesn't go too soon lol

Latest posts

Members online