Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler

scan7034

Reaction score
Hello i'm looking into installing a Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler system & would like to have some input from anyone that has used this, some pros, cons, likes or dislikes. I know most of the later 6.0 are not as prone to the oil cooler problem especially in the cool areas, but I live in Az. & it gets hot as heck here (110-120 deg.) & I own an 03 which has all the problems. I've had the injectors, computer & oil cooler replace under warranty. I've repleced the HPOP, oil cooler (2nd one), radiator (w/ an aluminum one), FICM & blue sping kit since the warranty has ended. I've tryed this on a different furm & it turned into a debate on my work, my maintenance & there lack of having my problems. I have done the proper cooling flushes twice (w/ distilled water), I change my oil every 5k miles w/ Rotella synthetic, I'm more to over maintenance my truck then under. There has to be someothers that have had these same problem that I have & take care of there truck.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Just take your time an get creative with routing and mounting the hoses.. I have seen and have had to replace several lengths of hoses that had rubbed through

scan7034

Reaction score
Thank you that is helpful especially when I go to install. I will be carefull when running the hoses I was think of useing wire lume where it pass through the radiator core & touches other hoses.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea that stuff doesn't like rubbing either. Lol.

I like those coated metal brackets.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.