Bulletproof Head Gasket Coating

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Q-Bond for lifetime guarantee, if it was made to hold vacuum cleaner belts together, then it can hold a broken headstud together in a diesel engine.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Is the proprietary sealing product Copper Spray-a-gasket? LOL

Caption away, fellows:
He's gonna stick it in THERE...
pshelp2_zps8394ac8b.jpg

And it's gonna be THIS BIG when he's done!
pshelp_zpse0eaa301.jpg

And afterwards, he's going to make a grilled cheese sandwich.
pshelp3_zps029d83b7.jpg

Stroker04

Reaction score
That guy states that coolant filter are very unnecessary and they don't get that much flow anyways when installed? Not sure if I agree with that statement.

Johnboy3

Reaction score
I'm sure the other guys here that take a lot of calls about the 6.0 are also sick of hearing about this idiot. While most of the stuff he says isn't completely "technically" wrong, it's three quarters retarded. Since I'm sure we will get a ton of calls in the next few months about this video from confused 6.0 owners, I will just post a response here and give them this link instead of wasting my breath anymore about it.

First, I do give Bill the slightest bit of props for doing this much marketing. It goes to show even poorly done marketing is better than none. Secondly, if you are doing a video like this and can't get through all the info in one take, find someone who knows the material better. Someone with "10 years" experience should be able to talk non-stop about this in his sleep.

First thing is the head gaskets. I know I will catch some flack, but we have been installing Black Oynx, Black Diamond, and the Ford gaskets with only one bad gasket come back in the past several years. Block and head preparation, proper torque on the head studs, and attention to detail is important. If you haven't had your torque wrench recalibrated in the past six months before doing the job, you are probably wasting your time. The Craftsman or Sunnex torque wrench that most at home shops have is scary inaccurate around 240 ft/lbs. Most of the gasket failures I hear about on non-competition trucks are done by extremely small repair shops and do it at home guys.

The egr delete part almost knocked me over. I can't believe a "professional" shop would admit to welding up coolers. While understand why do it yourself guys do it when they are hard on cash and we even did it 10+ years ago when no delete kits were available, it is a terrible idea. First, there isn't a 6.0 owner who doesn't know that the oil cooler passages get clogged up with garbage and is usually the cause of the egr cooler failure. The egr cooler is the next place the coolant goes after leaving the oil cooler. Do you really suppose the small passage ways in the egr cooler aren't clogged as well? Of course they could be. Secondly, if the cooler is blown and you weld up both ends, the coolant fills the whole cooler. Guess what's in there? Years of soot build up. Are you cool with that crap being broken down by the coolant and dispersed through the rest of the engine? As for the leaks in the egr deletes, quit buying the junk cheap Ebay ones Bill. Any of the quality ones like RCD, Sinister, ours, or even Powerstroke162's will not leak if installed properly. That's just something stupid to say.

Coolant cap and thermostat come up next. If they aren't bad there really isn't any reason to change them since they are so simple to change if they go bad but whatever.
Changing the water pump is also not that big of a deal and should depend on mileage and a visual inspection. All of those seem like a waste of money if they aren't needed.

Freon change/upgrade. Ugh. Hey dumb ***, if you send the A/C pump up with the body you don't have discharge the Freon. :rolleyes:

"Special" Tuning. I would have to guess that it is something similar to a 50-75 horse tow type tunes that really doesn't push things. Awesome dude.

The price for the package is $4,900. Great. We do the same job but with a real egr delete kit for $3,400 every week. Cool deal.

On to the Lifetime package. (Watching this video is hurting my soul) Remanufactured heads are on his list. Confusing to say the least. When we have the heads off they are pressure and vacuum tested before surfacing. We see very little valve problems on most engines below 200,000 miles. I think I can count on one hand the amount of actual valve seat or guide issues the machine shop has called us about in the past two years. The usual problem we see with them is a crack from being overheated.

I am not sold on cylinder o-rings with factory style gaskets yet. We just had one apart a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get any warm and fuzzy feeling from them. I have no opinion there.

The coolant bypass hoses are not saving the rear cylinders. The gaskets blow out between and on either side of 4-6 and 3-5 due to sharing bolts with the cylinder beside it. In hundreds of engines, we have never noticed anything up with cylinders 7 and 8. I will put this mod in the same category with the early detection system. Which by the way is helpful in detecting when your gaskets are blown but really doesn't "save" anything. If the alarm is going off because you have too much coolant pressure, you already have combustion gas in the coolant. It should be called the "When to Schedule Head Gaskets Detection System"

Next is the coolant filtration systems. Really? Have you looked under the hood of any big rig made to go 1,000,000+ miles for the last 50+ years? Of course the 6.0 which has problems with crap in the coolant plugging up the oil cooler couldn't benefit from cleaner coolant. Sheesh.

The added expense of H11's aren't probably needed for most regular trucks. As for the A1 torque spec being lower than ARP's, the torque spec for the comparable tensile strength A1 stud is also lower. And that A1 stud is also prettier if that's really important to you.

He mentioned the Edge programmer and then mentioned that it is a Gryphon. Nothing against either of those. If it is a Gryphon, could someone help him the pronunciation? Maybe the dictionary and I are wrong but I think it's said 'griffin'.

Lastly, the 'big one', 'the thing we are all excited about', TA DA......... "the new propietary gasket coating!" Hooray! Hooray! Yawn. Read these two links and see if you can figure out where junior got his sales pitch.....

German/European Engine Company Coating

And this is just speculation, and I could be completely wrong. I would love for Bill to come on here with some pictures of "his powder coating application", but read this press release and see if it sounds familiar....

proprietary fluoroelastomer (rubber) coating

I love the testing part where they scattered three engines. Good advertisment for your tuning. :thumbup:

Lastly, if you watched all that and think that $7,900 is a good deal for this lifetime package, please call us. We would be happy to do a better job and offer the same warranty on non-competition vehicles. We will even throw in a real egr delete, a couple of bottles of Rev X, and the fuel pressure regulator update I have never seen Bill mention. UGH!

One of the things that drives me nuts is 9 out of 10 people who own 6.0 trucks barely have a programmer. The segment that has bigger injectors, turbos, and extreme tunes is relatively small. It pains me to see regular guys who would be thrilled with a 50 horse tow tune and never need more be hosed. Most don't read forums, magazines, or know anything about their truck.

Last edited:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
installed hot like powder coat! lots of timing and nitrous oxide would be needed to test durability! lol

Reaction score
The coolant filters dont get that much flow if it was in a diferent spot it would work better or if you just changed your coolant a little more often

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I wish more people who aren't as in tune with their trucks as the folks on here are would read this.

Like the barber said on Hee-Haw: The storal to the mory is...DO RESEARCH!!! THEN DO MORE RESEARCH!!!

Latest posts

Members online