Bump stop issue, need some advice.

Fabbed5.0

Reaction score
So I was putting some brake pads on my 11 6.7 and I got underneath it to visually check the truck out when I noticed how close the bumpstops are to the axle. This is a 2wd truck with no blocks in the rear (factory) I noticed when towed with a trailer it road kinda harsh in the rear. Whats everyone take on cutting the bumpstop down a little. Or is there another issue I'm missing.

These pics are with the suspension loaded but no weight in the bed or on the hitch.

955E3C99-51DF-4C2B-BC11-CC2F0453418C_zpsokiw7h65.jpg

3FB6B51F-13DE-42D4-9301-3754927262AE_zpshlsiagai.jpg

Fabbed5.0

Reaction score
Looks like you guys are right, after searching around they do look like tembren stops. Couldn't imagine how anyone would like these overs bags the ride is not good loaded.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah Timbrens suck, never will understand why anyone would go with those over helper bags...

Ipkyss

Reaction score
They are great if you are either loaded heavy or empty like I am. Simple and work. if you haul random loads there not for you. If your truck loaded is not even touching them just get some factory bump stops and dont worry about it

Notneb

Reaction score
How do they outshine bags, besides cost? I've got airlift 5000s on mine, with a Carli 2.5, and I can't tell they're back there unless I start doing some moderate speed offroading, then the a$$ doesn't stay as planted. But for towing, I pulled 10k around for about 1700 miles and I was able to level the truck, pulled like a dream. Nevermind I just understood what you meant by loaded heavy, lol.

Aaaaaanyways what Ipkyss said: If your truck is empty and that's your clearance, and if you're not towing heavy *aka near/at the limit of the truck* then swap Wildkarrd for his stockers, lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
timbrens are stiff as hell.. i have the firstone version. ride great on pavement.. on dirt roads its a bit rough..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online