Bumper/Grill/Headlight Conversion

imelmo

Reaction score
Finally got mine finished (well, for the most part). Used an '05 bumper I got from Doug and an '05 Harley Grill, Harley headlights, and an '05 header panel from Certi-fit that I got a while back for another truck. Took the bumper apart then prepped, primed and painted it and the grill. Then just unbolted all the old stuff, transferred the speed clips over, and put all the new stuff on.

Only issues I ran in to were 1) the bottom grill clips are different for the '05 so I couldn't use my old ones. I'll have to pick some up. 2) I've got 6 plastic push-in clips that came off the '05 bumper when I took it apart but can't remember where they went and didn't notice a place where they'd go. 3) the plastic ends of the bumper stick out from the fender a little. Not sure how to fix that. 4) the paint's a little off but I expected that since it's new paint vs 9 year old paint. Doesn't bother me anyway since the whole truck is gonna get wrapped soon anyway. 5) I need to get the plastic piece that goes underneath the bumper.

Here's some pics. :D

030e6c0e.jpg

1a40a80f.jpg

e57feee0.jpg

b6a1e3e2.jpg

3cad0eb7.jpg

f2e02f6f.jpg

72cc8c09.jpg

3e3eda6d.jpg

b4cb8a11.jpg

5c482c86.jpg

30b9d71a.jpg

A before pic for comparison:

9c0b1c85.jpg

Last edited:

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Looks great man. I ran into the same.problem with my conversion with the plastic ends sticking out on the top bumper pad. I haven't found a fix but I think its just how the bumper pad is made and not being original. I am going to redo mine with a Harley grille and a bumper pad from Ford.

JD3020

Reaction score
Looks great!

I helped a buddy do a conversion on his E99, and it was a major PITA, partly because he assumed some things and did it wrong IMO. He had a shop buy a "kit" which was $900. Everything showed up in boxes covered in i believe Japanese lettering, so it was all knock-off ****. By the time we were done it was close to $1100 including a non-painted top piece, which does stick out the sides BTW, and no bottom valance.

I also noticed on my brothers 06 that the top piece sticks out a little bit past the fenders, but not near as much as my buddies E99. But it also looks like his top piece is cheap made POS so thats not helping either. :slap:

Dustball8504

Reaction score
The top piece probably sticks out to line up with the factory fender flares that most of the 05-07 trucks have. That would be my guess atleast.

imelmo

Reaction score
The top piece probably sticks out to line up with the factory fender flares that most of the 05-07 trucks have. That would be my guess atleast.

Hmmm. I'll have to check on that. A fender swap may be in order if that's the case.

imelmo

Reaction score
From what I've read, cutting the header panel is fine. I just ordered a new one though since it was only like $75 or so.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That looks awesome.. It is def. on my list of items to do. Do you have to change out the header panel if I already cut it for my 05 lights?

From what I've read, cutting the header panel is fine. I just ordered a new one though since it was only like $75 or so.

Only thing that sucks is that if you use a cut header panel and an 05 grille, the grille wont have any retainers in it other than the top screws.

Latest posts

Members online