Bumper reinforcement for sagging ends?

Tom S

Reaction score
I just happen to notice this in a photo today. What is the square reinforcement piece in the photo that has the stamped X on it. It looks like a Ford Logo on it as well. Is this something was on there to address the bumper ends that like to sag on an OBS. Does anyone else have these and if so is there a part number on there?

kampy

Reaction score
Tom,
Not real sure of the purpose but my 96 has them and they've been on there the couple years I've owned it. No part numbers, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Tom S

Reaction score
Interesting as my 96 does not nor does the factory 97 manual show them. Is that decal intact on yours?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
both our 92 and 94 c n c trucks have them at work i believe they got lost when they changed the bumper from the one piece to the one with the holes and trim, stickers are gone

235's on dually rims line up with them real good maybe its some kind of splash gaurd to help the bumper not fill up with crap

Last edited:

kampy

Reaction score
No dice on the decal Tom. I had to go out and look and much to my surprise they're not on the truck any more. Then I remembered I outboarded my bumper mounts when I did the RSK. . . . anyway, do you need a set? They are at a buddies house and he's bringing them to me tomorrow at work and I may be going to Denver for truck fest. I could bring them up?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Nice find Tom. I've never had seen those before. Had about 10 different OBS trucks between me and my dad. Not a single one has had that "bracket on there before.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have the holes just not the part. I have owned my truck since it only had like 25k miles on it so I dunno.

Got4wd

Reaction score
I noticed that piece too when looking at the RSK pics. I have no idea what it's for but it's not for the sagging of the bumper on the ends. That's from a oversized tire clipping the corner of the bumper either while turning or at a big bump and pulling it down.

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
My 96 has them, but they are all rusted and no way to get a number. Mine are also tweaked from when I hit Bambi. I have no clue what they would be for.

sparksf250

Reaction score
Maybe thats the factory optional kenueter valve:shrug: My 96 f250 doesn't have then either I have holes there but bumper looks like nothing has ever been there

sparksf250

Reaction score
So I just found these parts in LMC they are calling them bumper reinforcements

40-3736 bumber reinforcement-LH......$19.95
40-3737 bumper reinforcement-RH......$19.95

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
So I just found these parts in LMC they are calling them bumper reinforcements

40-3736 bumber reinforcement-LH......$19.95
40-3737 bumper reinforcement-RH......$19.95

I was going to say the same thing. Think they came on the earlier trucks(92-94) then ford cheaped out and dropped them just like the molding behind the rear wheel well

Tom S

Reaction score
You are quite the detective to find those on LMC. I notice nearly all OBS trucks have a tad of sag on the outer corners of the bumper. I am wondering if those help strengthen the bumper by effectively boxing it.

Tom

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Jack on the corner will un-torque the sag, or a couple washers on the upper most bumper bolt is what I did to tip the bumper slightly forward at the top fixing the sag. Cool find Tom and SparksF250.

jrc

FORD7.3

Reaction score
So these are supposed to help kill the sag? If so im down for buying them, my bumper sags like crazy

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Dont forget guys. These were to strengthen the bumper. If yours is already BENT , Twisted or Sagged I doubt it will fix ANYTHING

sparksf250

Reaction score
I actually found them on accident. I was ordering a front license plate bracket after the State Patrol reminded me that they perfer it to be on the bumper and no in the cab :doh: just happened to be on the same page haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.