*BUYER BEWARE* Clearwater Cylinder Head

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I am not one to complain about things much, but this has gone a little bit too far.

About 2 months ago we ordered a set of 6.0 heads, remans. Waited about 2 weeks and still saw nothing. Called them and sure enough the order had been dropped. So we took it with a grain of salt and accepted their apology, the heads were sent out 3rd day air and we were credited about $100 per head towards our next purchase. All was good and well, people do make mistakes!

Our next purchase rolls around and wouldn't you know it, the same thing happens. Dropped the ball. We ended up paying next day air because our customer desperately needed his truck. We ate that completely as they were un willing to help. They decided to send us new heads at reman price to help out. So again, we just looked the other way (stupid us).... They seemed extremely apologetic about it and the product seemed to be in great shape and ran good once installed.

A few orders went by just fine and as planned.

Then about 2 weeks ago we end up getting a set of "new" castings from them. We get them installed and the cab lowered down ready to fire it up. End up having a massive fuel leak. After an hour of messing with it we narrow it down to the recess for the copper washer on the feed port was machined too deep and not allowing it to seal. We made a homemade fix to get us by and clearwater ended up crediting us again for our next purchase. This ticked me off, especially when they wouldn't believe what was happening. It took hours of phone time to get anything out of them.

Should have learned our lesson by now... but of course not.

Here we are on July 1st, we are installing 2 more reman heads. Torque them down and go to put glow plugs in.... glow plug threads are completely rusted up and destroyed. Looked like it had been years since the damaged had happened. Again they don't believe it and we have to send pictures and what not. Just got off the phone with them and the best they can do is send a new one via 3rd day select and we will have it by Friday. No reimbursement for time or parts, just a new head will arrive in a week.

I am sure you see where I am going with this. Not to mention the terrible product, but the customer service is about as bad as it comes. Not a single person there was kind or polite on the phone, the bosses are definitely the worst. There is no customer relation what so ever.

Take this warning as we learned the hard way. Spend the extra money and avoid ClearWater Cylinder Head. Tell your friends and feel free to spread the word.

Rant over

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
6uhygaba.jpg

Guess what's in here? 3 sets of used ford heads... fresh from the machine shop headed north to Canada....there are enough good used ones out there so I wouldn't even mess with those places

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gary

Reaction score
Trying to save a customer a few buck usually costs you in the end. Its not worth it is it? I'll stick it buying them from the dealer, no problems yet.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Except for those one's that show up at the dealership sitting at minimum thickness already and out of flatness....

Not the first time we've heard this about clearwater honestly. There are vendors on here that reman heads...

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
I have a defective set of their heads on my garage floor that cracked in the #7 exhaust port with 300 miles one them. I also have the replacement "beefier" set as they claim in the box on the floor as well. I took my originals and had them worked at the shop. They told me they wouldn't send return labels for the defective ones so I'm gonna keep them until I find my way to Florida and drop them off personally. I believe in karma so they'll get their heads because I'm not one to do anyone wrong, they'll just get them when I get down there.

Oh and their warranties are the most ridiculous ever. The guy who sold me my heads just up and quit about 2 weeks before my first went out. I'm guessing he left cause of their shady business and they also have an "F" rating with the BBB. I have parts from those replacement "good" heads if anyone needs the parts. Hell, I'll let the whole damn thing go, it's taking up space in my garage. lol

Shack

Gary

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about these "new aftermarket" heads??? that are suppose the be on the market?
I have herd they are out there, but I have never seen them for sale, or known anybody that used them.

Gary

Reaction score
I have a defective set of their heads on my garage floor that cracked in the #7 exhaust port with 300 miles one them. I also have the replacement "beefier" set as they claim in the box on the floor as well. I took my originals and had them worked at the shop. They told me they wouldn't send return labels for the defective ones so I'm gonna keep them until I find my way to Florida and drop them off personally. I believe in karma so they'll get their heads because I'm not one to do anyone wrong, they'll just get them when I get down there.

Oh and their warranties are the most ridiculous ever. The guy who sold me my heads just up and quit about 2 weeks before my first went out. I'm guessing he left cause of their shady business and they also have an "F" rating with the BBB. I have parts from those replacement "good" heads if anyone needs the parts. Hell, I'll let the whole damn thing go, it's taking up space in my garage. lol

Shack

You have a long ride in front of you.

My personal rule is NEVER reuse a head that has had cracks repaired or welded, Never use a welded crank, that stuff will bit only bite you, I've been there before

Mdub707

Reaction score
You have a long ride in front of you.

My personal rule is NEVER reuse a head that has had cracks repaired or welded, Never use a welded crank, that stuff will bit only bite you, I've been there before

I'm confused by this... he's simply re-using his stock heads that went to the machine shop to be decked...

the cracked heads he has are the clearwater heads, the truck didn't even make it 300 miles or something like that before he had issues, so he took the clearwater heads off and re-used his OEM one's. I'd say he's on the right track.

BINGS 03 6.0

Reaction score
To bad someone like edelbrock or better yet Jon Kasse would make a set of heads for the 6.0. That would be a game changer for the 6.0.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm sure someone COULD make them, but 99% of us couldn't afford them. There's billet heads for the 6.4's available... don't see anyone rushing to buy a set.

Zmann

Reaction score
I bought some nice Edelbock heads for a small block
they were a grand and definitely simpler but even add another 5-800 bucks for the extra valves and machine work and for 1800 bucks I think you would have a winner

I guess the supply and demand statistics keep the aftermarket away ?

Gary

Reaction score
He said that he is going to "drop the heads off" in FL and he is in AK, thats quite a ride.

Then I said I never use welded up heads or cranks.

Mdub707

Reaction score
He said that he is going to "drop the heads off" in FL and he is in AK, thats quite a ride.

Then I said I never use welded up heads or cranks.

LOL gotcha now man. When you said long "ride" I just read it fast and thought it said long "road" as in he was in for more trouble with his setup.

Latest posts

Members online