*BUYER BEWARE* Clearwater Cylinder Head

TRUBBS

Reaction score
they're making aftermarket heads for dmax now and edlebrock is supposed to have a set out soon
but for the tune of $6,500 for box stock new design heads or $12k for maxed out new design heads

mandkole

Reaction score
Edelbrock wont sell a lot of stock heads at $6500 but Im sure its a totally reverse engineered deal. Hopefully there is some good improvement available. The investment is good for the market.

The 6.0 repair market could benefit greatly but any supplier would be on their own for casting development/validation. Its really a shame that even brand new heads from Ford still have issues.

Lassie

Reaction score
Is Clearwater selling Chinese casts? I know I saw one of those for the 7.3s a few years ago. Absolute junk. Misdrilled GP holes, rust, and just a rough finish overall.

I'd be careful of any truck part coming out of Florida. Make sure you talk to the shop FIRST! That seems to be a big Chinese dumping ground in America. I've been bit on a few smaller parts that came out of Florida/Clearwater/Pensacola.

96F350KID

Reaction score
Is Clearwater selling Chinese casts? I know I saw one of those for the 7.3s a few years ago. Absolute junk. Misdrilled GP holes, rust, and just a rough finish overall.

I'd be careful of any truck part coming out of Florida. Make sure you talk to the shop FIRST! That seems to be a big Chinese dumping ground in America. I've been bit on a few smaller parts that came out of Florida/Clearwater/Pensacola.

Thanks-__- lol

kdogg85

Reaction score
If edelbrock or Holley were to make an aluminum set with the works for around 3-4k, I bet a good chunk of people would jump on it. That price isnt too out of line i would think. I would love to see these type places really get into the market, the r&d capacity alone would be worth it. And they are easier to get a problem taken care of, for the most part.

Growing up, dad always used Holley parts and never had any trouble that he didn't cause himself.

Latest posts

Members online