Buying a tuned/deleted truck

Kfriesen

Reaction score
Opinions guys? Im looking at trucks with around 100-120 KM(60miles) many of them have been deleted and tuned already. If an oasis checks out, and it appears to have been well maintained, would you guys buy one? My only problem with it is not knowing how hard it has been run by the previous owner. I would much rather buy a stock truck, and know it has been stock its entire life. Offer me your insight guys!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
One good thing about buying a tuned truck its that it won't have fuel dilution in the oil because of regens so that's overall good. The bad would be how soon will it need a built Trans and head studs? And if the heads are cracked from heat... Not sure which out weighs the other.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
It's a roll of the dice either way. I was fortunate to find a 10 with less then 45,000km on it when I bought it. Even with oil dilution of 4% when I changed the oil I figure Im safe to mod away. Like Shane said, keep some money stashed away for when something lets go. Forced upgrades are a good thing.

White_monster

Reaction score
The oil becomes diluted with fuel from the regeneration process. Lots of miles with diluted fuel is hard on the engine bearings. Tuned trucks don't have the regeneration process so the fuel doesnt get diluted.

Kfriesen

Reaction score
Man, you guys are way more helpful than the cumminsforum guys, 1 question, one answer, no flaming or feeling like a retard. Much appreciated!

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Honestly if the truck is clean and overall looks like its been maintained I would get a tuned truck over a stock one.
Ask ?'s what tuner they running? what tunes did they mainly use and so on. If they can give ya straight answers and you can research them a little, go for it.
Also look for signs of puking and if they let ya test drive it with the tuner in place look for trans slippage. Ask them wear the had the egt warnings set have them show you.
That should give you enough interaction to spot BS. Education is key.

Kfriesen

Reaction score
I wish, I haven't even seen what you are asking for it, but I am confident you have much more in the truck in aftermarket parts than I'm planning on spending on a truck lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.