Buying new ford... maybe chevy

CDUBYA

Reaction score
I really do appreciate all the feedback and comments. I tend to agree that the Chevy is a little cheaper then the ford right now. At least from what I have found. If I could afford a 17 ford that is what I would buy! but right now the deals on these 16's is to hard to pass up. one major thing I don't like about the Chevy's is there is no air vents out to the back like on the fords with a center console. I know its kind of silly but that air make a big difference with kids and stuff in the back. My dad just bought a brand new Denali and yeah it is nice, way nice! But he claims the ford drives better, says that it feels like you have really keep your foot on the pedal to keep the Denali going.
It is kind of nice to see and get some honest opinions of both though that's all the reason I asked. you never know who knows what about each of them. I am still leaning towards a ford even though it will be a couple grand more just for the interior I think. But as far as motor reliability are they both pretty similar?

Thank you again guys!

TyCorr

Reaction score
As a ford owner and a guy who has owned and driven every rendition of the duramax aside from the 15/16 bodystyle, the duramax issues stopped in the 12 and 13 model years from what Ive seen. My 11 was a problem laden pos to be brutally honest. Gm had the piece of ***k apart five times. I cant say much good about it other than I only had it a year, 46k miles, and two sets of tires worth. It was in the shop 60 days of that year of ownership. No joke.

Got a 12 for a small fee due to the issues i had. Put 125k on that and then the issues came up. Hpfp was going, turbo was gone, trans was unlocking the converter if you fave it any throttle in od then it'd lock back up when you went back to cruising with a bang. Not issues you should have on a two year old truck. All in all, it was a good truck. I had a 14 for a year and put close to 50k on it. It was a good truck.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I'm 50 and have had trucks all my life, even grew up on a farm w/ the venerable 454 dually. Even had a no rust, Factory High Boy F250. My 350 is by far and away the best of the bunch. A class by itself. It's fairly comfortable (for a 1 ton truck anyway), gobs of power, brakes well, doesn't get squirrelly when it's not supposed to. Tows like a beast. I'm just amazed that loaded to 25klbs and it tows that well. But it does. Gets reasonable MPG.

I took the big 3 out one day and did the same driving with each. Really liked the Dodge, it was comfortable, rode well, had good power. Didn't like the Chevy at all and the salesman says it's $10k more than the others and I can take it or leave it, he doesn't care. The Chevy felt rattly, cheap on the inside and that front suspension is horrible. How do they sell these things for 20% more? What I thought anyway. At the end of the day I was down to Dodge vs Ford. Chevy eliminated themselves.

Ended up ordering my silver 350 and have really enjoyed it since the day it arrived.

Only real problem I had was a sensor fault in the exhaust, both stealers in town couldn't touch it for 3 weeks, so those parts fell off. Never regretted it either.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Yeah my dad just got a 16 denali coming from the 12 f350. he says it feels really sluggish but it is nice!

Anyway I bought a 2016 F350 it should be here today! Wish I could have waited or the 17's but for the price difference it just wasn't affordable to me right now.
Thanks for the input guys!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I took the big 3 out one day and did the same driving with each. Really liked the Dodge, it was comfortable, rode well, had good power.

You might have liked the dodge at first but in my experience with my 12 dodge that I had before my 14 Ford was terrible. Once it was deeleted that is. The valve body in the transmission went, rear end was built wrong and exploded and when I sold it the transfer case chain had stretched somehow. Paint was crap and never really had a nice shine too it and the doors squeaked constantly. Chit drove me nuts haha. We have (6) 2011-2012 dodge 3500 work trucks in our shop with bent front axles too haha. Boss is pondering whether to fix them or take them to auction.

Either way in the end of day were both happy with our Fords haha.

Jomax

Reaction score
You might have liked the dodge at first but in my experience with my 12 dodge that I had before my 14 Ford was terrible. Once it was deeleted that is. The valve body in the transmission went, rear end was built wrong and exploded and when I sold it the transfer case chain had stretched somehow. Paint was crap and never really had a nice shine too it and the doors squeaked constantly. Chit drove me nuts haha. We have (6) 2011-2012 dodge 3500 work trucks in our shop with bent front axles too haha. Boss is pondering whether to fix them or take them to auction.

Either way in the end of day were both happy with our Fords haha.

In the off-road world. The dodges have really crappy axles. As soon as those guys off-road them. You MUST truss the front axle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
In the off-road world. The dodges have really crappy axles. As soon as those guys off-road them. You MUST truss the front axle..

Good to know! Maybe the boss needs
To put Carli dominator kits on them and he can put one on my ford while he's at it haha.

Jomax

Reaction score
Good to know! Maybe the boss needs
To put Carli dominator kits on them and he can put one on my ford while he's at it haha.

LOL that would be awesome

Latest posts

Members online