Buzzing from drivers kick panel

Pmac21

Reaction score
Ok so the first time I noticed this was on easter sunday I put my truck in 4x4 and I heard a buzzing sound coming from around my ebrake. I didn't think much of it but here recently I have been hearing it when I turn my key on to let the glow plugs warm up. It also still does it when I engage the 4x4. Any suggestions? Its either coming from under the truck close to my feet or near the fire wall. Thanks for any help in advance!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Vacuum pump. It should always do it right when you start the truck for a few seconds (30 seconds maybe). No specific time. Same thing for 4x4 since your hubs are vacuum operated

Pmac21

Reaction score
That makes sense. But why would it be so loud all of the sudden? Its loud enough to hear with the door open and the truck running.

Pmac21

Reaction score
Just got home and checked the pump. The screw that holds it down was backed out. Thanks again guys. That sound was about to drive me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarheel_6.4L

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but the vacuum pump stops buzzing when I disconnect the electrical plug. What exactly does the electrical plug control???

webb06

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but the vacuum pump stops buzzing when I disconnect the electrical plug. What exactly does the electrical plug control???

Provides power for the pump to create the vacuum. If it's running constantly you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Most likely on of the plastic lines has broke

Tarheel_6.4L

Reaction score
Thanks webb06. Will it be ok to unplug it until I can have it repaired? I just had my radiator replaced so I'm thinking a line may have been damaged. It constantly buzzes and it's very annoying.

sootie

Reaction score
It would be best to disconnect it so it doesn't burn out

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks webb06. Will it be ok to unplug it until I can have it repaired? I just had my radiator replaced so I'm thinking a line may have been damaged. It constantly buzzes and it's very annoying.

Probably so. Ya just unplug it

TD-5

Reaction score
If the Rad was recently out, check the vacuum line that runs over the top of the Rad to the vacuum switch.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    614.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    783.9 KB · Views: 45

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
^^^^ what he said. Also there is a connection right beside the pass side battery along the plastic box under the positive cable. It's about half way between the two posts right beside the a/c port.

Latest posts

Members online