cab is off again (pics)

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Ok I did not know anything about the start pattern on the pistons. But if this much boost is ok then why do people put in head studs?

As i read this thread he had studs..............

I have also seen stated by those almighty internet engineers(and the guys that run it) head studs with stock gaskets are a very good setup, and good for up to 70 psi.

And for the star pattern on the top of the piston. It has been stated many many times this is evidence of spraying fuel outside of the bowl. Not inside where it belongs. This is an issue with timing. And issues with timing can make things go "POP".

Good luck with your rebuild.

woodduck97

Reaction score
As i read this thread he had studs..............

I have also seen stated by those almighty internet engineers(and the guys that run it) head studs with stock gaskets are a very good setup, and good for up to 70 psi.

And for the star pattern on the top of the piston. It has been stated many many times this is evidence of spraying fuel outside of the bowl. Not inside where it belongs. This is an issue with timing. And issues with timing can make things go "POP".

Good luck with your rebuild.

But did you not read the post he was running it with stock head bolts before he put the ARP's in? Do you not think this may have cause some pre head gasket blowing?

obspsd

Reaction score
I can agree that the star pattern may indicate some tuning issues but as stated before I currently run several tuners in hope that I can find the one best for me and my truck. I agree that tuning alone can make things go boom but I don't think that's what happened here. This was my own fault and i wasn't surprised when it happened, i was more surprised it lasted this long haha.

obspsd

Reaction score
It'll be right when it guess back together this time though and i plan to eventually get it live tuned. But until then i can only guess which tune is best by using the butt dyno

TARM

Reaction score
60 psi no expert but with a new gasket I would be looking at adding fire rings.

obspsd

Reaction score
I had considered fire rings but i talked to several people and quite a few said that i would be good with thefactory gaskets, also i don't really have the extra coin for fire ring gaskets and all that extra machine work.

But with the cab off i did make a full 4 inch dp that is slightly ovaled and messaged the firewall a bit to get it to clear
2012-09-25_20-48-23_771.jpg

TRUBBS

Reaction score
I had considered fire rings but i talked to several people and quite a few said that i would be good with thefactory gaskets, also i don't really have the extra coin for fire ring gaskets and all that extra machine work.

But with the cab off i did make a full 4 inch dp that is slightly ovaled and messaged the firewall a bit to get it to clear
2012-09-25_20-48-23_771.jpg

That is quite the snake there lol

obspsd

Reaction score
It wasn't the easiest to make and get it to clear everything but I'm sure it will flow better than a 3 inch

TARM

Reaction score
Anything after the turbine can only help. Nice work.

From what I have been told make sure to take it easy on the go pedal for the first few thousand miles. That is harder said than done I know.

obspsd

Reaction score
Thank you! And I've heard that too, that's gonna be the hardest part of all this haha

Members online

No members online now.