Cab mount replacement DIY

jferrante

Reaction score
Going to be replacing my cab mounts this weekend and was wondering if there is a DIY out there for jacking points on the cab and location of all the bolts.
Thanks in advance

webb06

Reaction score
Going to be replacing my cab mounts this weekend and was wondering if there is a DIY out there for jacking points on the cab and location of all the bolts.

Thanks in advance

Need to know which cab configuration you have to know where bolts come through the floor at.

I usually just use a jack with a 2x4 on it and jack on the pinch weld at the bottom of the cab. Depending on if you have side steps they may need taken off. Remove all the bolts prior to attempting to jack the cab up. Sometimes the cab mounts can be a pain to get out. Often times I have to use a sawzall and cut them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jferrante

Reaction score
Need to know which cab configuration you have to know where bolts come through the floor at.

I usually just use a jack with a 2x4 on it and jack on the pinch weld at the bottom of the cab. Depending on if you have side steps they may need taken off. Remove all the bolts prior to attempting to jack the cab up. Sometimes the cab mounts can be a pain to get out. Often times I have to use a sawzall and cut them out.

Thanks for the reply I have a crew cab long bed (2006)

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I have a crew cab long bed (2006)

Two up front behind the core support. They will be 18mm nuts. You'll need a deep wall socket.

Two under the dash. Pull back the carpet on each side and you'll see a black rubber piece. Pull it out and the bolts are in there. One side is 21mm other is 24mm. Might require a 3-6" extension.

Remove the rear seat and the metal tray under the seat. Also the plastic tray behind the seat. The bolts holding it down have a tendency to spin the little nuts pressed into the sheet metal of the cab so be careful with them. Pull back the carpet and the rearmost bolts are easily seen. All 21mm bolts should be on the same side as should the 24mm.

The middle bolts are under the carpet pretty much where the rear seated passengers feet would sit. They will also have the black rubber piece covering the bolt. Remove it and there are the bolts.

Nows a great time to get the vacuum out and clean up the carpet if you don't usually do that. Removing the front seats is quite simple as well if you want to vacuum up there too.

It might help to remove the plastic door sills when putting the carpet back in place.

Cab bolt torque spec is like 75ft lb. I typically just use a 1/2" impact and run them out and back in. Bolts aren't supposed to be reused per Ford but I've never actually replaced any and never had a problem.

78f100

Reaction score
You will have 2 mounts at the front either side of the radiator bottom. 2 in the front floor boards, pull the kick plates and fold the carpet back to get to them. 2 in the rear floor boards and 2 behind the rear seats, I think its easier to pull the rear seat to access these 4 but it can be done without. If they all come out OK its not a bad job. If I'm not pulling the cab I remove all the bolts on 1 side and loosen the other side and jack up one side at a time.

Webb beat me to it.

Last edited:

jferrante

Reaction score
Two up front behind the core support. They will be 18mm nuts. You'll need a deep wall socket.

Two under the dash. Pull back the carpet on each side and you'll see a black rubber piece. Pull it out and the bolts are in there. One side is 21mm other is 24mm. Might require a 3-6" extension.

Remove the rear seat and the metal tray under the seat. Also the plastic tray behind the seat. The bolts holding it down have a tendency to spin the little nuts pressed into the sheet metal of the cab so be careful with them. Pull back the carpet and the rearmost bolts are easily seen. All 21mm bolts should be on the same side as should the 24mm.

The middle bolts are under the carpet pretty much where the rear seated passengers feet would sit. They will also have the black rubber piece covering the bolt. Remove it and there are the bolts.

Nows a great time to get the vacuum out and clean up the carpet if you don't usually do that. Removing the front seats is quite simple as well if you want to vacuum up there too.

It might help to remove the plastic door sills when putting the carpet back in place.

Cab bolt torque spec is like 75ft lb. I typically just use a 1/2" impact and run them out and back in. Bolts aren't supposed to be reused per Ford but I've never actually replaced any and never had a problem.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online