CAC pipe fittings leaking, how do I fix the issue?

brkncly

Reaction score
I've replace my stock CAC pipe with a Flow Pro CAC pipe. I've noticed that it's leaking where it hooks up on both ends of the pipe. I didn't replace the rubber coupling that mates the pieces together. What can I do to fix this issue, I'm afraid of over tightening the clamps and breaking something. Are there better after market rubber couplings that I can use or get new OEM ones? The ones that are on there now look like there in good shape. I noticed that it's always leaked a little on both ends of the CAC pipe prior to installing the new Flo Pro pipe. Also is the residue that is leaking out of the CAC pipe oil? Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Spatel23

Reaction score
sounds like you have a lot of CCV oil in there if its leaking there.
post a picture.

I hope you dont have that much oil in there though, it can be cleaned up but its going to take a lot of elbow grease

Halvy85

Reaction score
It does sound like you have an awful lot of oil in there. Although some is pretty normal. As far as your leaking issue I wouldnt get another set of stock boots. I put Diesel Site boots on mine and they work great. Stock boots seem thin and flimsy to me. And like you said they were already leaking before the new CAC pipe.

Diesel23

Reaction score
^^ what he said , I also just went to the local diesel shop and bought a piece of 4" silicon boot about 8" long and trimmed it when i got home ,problem solved !! Good Luck

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
^^ what he said , I also just went to the local diesel shop and bought a piece of 4" silicon boot about 8" long and trimmed it when i got home ,problem solved !! Good Luck

4" ? Are you sure ?

Diesel23

Reaction score
bigrpowr Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel23

4" ? Are you sure ?

No !! sorry 3" , long night

Latest posts

Members online