Cale's tunes

Seabass

Reaction score
Does anyone still runs these tunes? Is he still around? Are those kind of "outdated" anyways? My 50 setting is much more crisper and responsive off the line than my 100 setting. Is that because the 50 is for towing and the 100 is for D.D.? I'm thinking about going with swamps or beans....

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I still run them.. He's around but doesn't deal with public anymore. You won't have any luck getting a hold of him for some tunes though.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Yeah from the last time I talked to him he is done dealing with anything that doesn't run through his shop unless you are a friend. Go with another tuner because you will be waiting forever if you do get a hold of him, he is a busy guy.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I've been running Cale's tunes since right after he started offering them, I never have been completely satisfied with them and I never had any luck getting ahold of him to see if he could make a few changes for me. Even if he was still tuning for regular Joe's like me I wouldn't be interested.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I've been running Cale's tunes since right after he started offering them, I never have been completely satisfied with them and I never had any luck getting ahold of him to see if he could make a few changes for me. Even if he was still tuning for regular Joe's like me I wouldn't be interested.

Then why are you still running them? The reason cale quit tuning is because the 500 Calls he got a day of people Asking stupid question or wanting some then dumb changed.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I run them. Aquired them by knowing people I guess. I ran canned ts tunes before, but I can say, my truck runs very good for a stock injectored OBS. Has plenty more get up and go acceleration then ever before and basically no smoke at all.

Only problem I have is my sapposed "stock" tune, is no that at all, more like a decreased hp tune. Truck will barely move thru the gears in that tune. And in 5th gear at 55 mph, if I floor it or even ease into the peddle for that matter, truck goes nowhere and actually looses speed. But you can still hear the motor laboring, and in nuetral it free revs and fuels like normal all the way up to 3k rpm.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
My truck did that in my stock tune, would barely get out of its own way. Found out it was a broken Sprag in the torque converter.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Then why are you still running them? The reason cale quit tuning is because the 500 Calls he got a day of people Asking stupid question or wanting some then dumb changed.
A couple reasons. Mostly because they work good enough for now. I don't DD my truck anymore and the tunes work OK, but they are jerky off-idle and smokey. I've learned to deal with it. If I was DD'ing the truck still I would have sent the chip out long ago.
I have some up pipe leaks I need to address, at which point I'll pull the chip and send it out for some different tunes.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
My truck did that in my stock tune, would barely get out of its own way. Found out it was a broken Sprag in the torque converter.

I don't have a tq converter. So I guess that narrows it down.

I guess the easiest thing would be to purchase someone's tunes I can run, give back feedback, and change without it taking months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I ran them with stock injectors a while back.
Extremly touchy throttle off idle.
But otherwise i have no real complaints.
I was going to have him change the off idle response bc it was frankly extremely annoying,
but he had already stopped dealing with the public.

Latest posts

Members online