CALI--MOST popular upgraded parts

JMalmy21..00/7.3

Reaction score
Located right outside of Sacramento (Folsom) and slowly making mods to my
'00 F250 CC 4x4 AUTO (6" lift, 35" tires, 6637DIY, 4"SS Turbo back..just got myself some EV2 gauges and about to order my Beans 6pos custom tuned after i get my PCM code lol )

I am wondering what are more or less the MOST popular parts yall are running when it comes to..--Hybrid Injectors--Turbos--Or any other mods that might be looked at twice over when going in to get your rig smogged.

Goals: I want a moderatly powerful truck. A decent amount of hp while still maintaning good mpg. The heaviest ill be towing for now, and in the near future is most likely topping out at 10k. But a majority of what ill be pulling will be boats, dbl trailer sea doos, some quads, my 636, camping equipment. All pretty decently light when it comes to the relm of towing.

Hoping that is a sufficent amount of information to get some decently detailed responses. Ill be appreciating every and all responses.

Thanks!!

P.S.... Diesel shops IN and AROUND the Sacto area?? I already know of Pacific Diesel, Orangevale Diesel, Imler Diesel, but id like some insight on other shops that yall use for sweet upgrades.

MINK

Reaction score
Price and hp goal will help narrow in on setup...that being said a 500hp goal will do everything your looking for IMO.

First thing is first though...build the trans

JMalmy21..00/7.3

Reaction score
Yeah ill have to do something about my trans. I guess w it being a daily driver i wouldnt want to go more the 500hp? as far as price goes, I was hoping that i could make judgement calls based off of the "daily driver" aspect

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Welcome, what city are you actually in? And I personally wouldnt use Orangevale Diesel, they seem over priced on a lot of stuff and I havent had the best experience with them. If you want to travel a little I have heard good things about Left Coast Diesel. Also Total Diesel Performance, but they are towards the bay. But out of all the somewhat local places, I recommend Pacific Diesel.

Last edited:

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the smog stuff, luckily I don't have to deal with that. As far as turbos, a 38r is a drop in and it'll handle up to a smaller set of hybrids. Like Mink said tho, if its your daily driver, take care of the trans 1st. Making power is fun, but it doesn't do you any good if you cant put it to the ground

JMalmy21..00/7.3

Reaction score
Welcome, what city are you actually in? And I personally wouldnt use Orangevale Diesel, they seem over priced on a lot of stuff and I havent had the best experience with them. If you want to travel a little I have heard good things about Left Coast Diesel. Also Total Diesel Performance, but they are towards the bay. But out of all the somewhat local places, I recommend Pacific Diesel.

Im actually in Folsom, so Sacramento is like 25/30 miles from me..not too bad of a trip. Where is Left Coast Diesel?? and Pacific Diesel Performance is the one out in Yuba(I think)??

JMalmy21..00/7.3

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the smog stuff, luckily I don't have to deal with that. As far as turbos, a 38r is a drop in and it'll handle up to a smaller set of hybrids. Like Mink said tho, if its your daily driver, take care of the trans 1st. Making power is fun, but it doesn't do you any good if you cant put it to the ground

Well..its my daily driver..when it isnt raining outside lol when its not wet I ride a '05 Ninja 636

Latest posts

Members online