Calling all 400% Nozzle Daily Drivers

Blowby

Reaction score
Does anyone remember what size nozzles BLOWBY is running in his 7.3L ?

I'm running Swamps 400/400's. Not running a single charger so I don't qualify for OP's question.
Setting up for an emissions opacity test. I'm at 5,320 ft elevation and my compression is only about 200 psi cold.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Dyno sheet on that tune. You can see the fuel is pulled back to mid 400's.
It was still climbing when I let off so I can estimate a few more hp's.

photo39.JPG

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
200% nozzles are very DD friendly. If tuned properly.

Now a 400cc injector with a 200% nozzle is a total waste. There is no where near enough time available where it counts to get the fuel out.

out of pure curiousity,
what is the difference manufacturing wise between a 300cc or 350cc and a 400cc?
is it another machining operation or are you trimming the same part further?
if the latter why not make them all 400cc?
(tried to search how the injectors are stroked but info is pretty slim)

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'm running Swamps 400/400's. Not running a single charger so I don't qualify for OP's question.
Setting up for an emissions opacity test. I'm at 5,320 ft elevation and my compression is only about 200 psi cold.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

photo39.JPG

for everyones attention. this post deserves it.

DocBar

Reaction score
200% nozzles are very DD friendly. If tuned properly.

Now a 400cc injector with a 200% nozzle is a total waste. There is no where near enough time available where it counts to get the fuel out.
Why do you consider 400/200's a total waste? I chose them because I shouldn't be able to use all of the fuel available. Wouldn't that allow faster refill and help keep pressure up? I'm not trying to argue with you, just explain my thoughts and reasons for having them made.

I should be able to make all of the power a 200% nozzle can make and not run out of fuel. When I get the compounds installed I shouldn't be able to run out of air, either. Is there something I'm missing in this? I chose not to go with the 400% nozzles due to having read/heard of some failures with them and I DD my truck.

Any info you can provide is much appreciated.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Why do you consider 400/200's a total waste? I chose them because I shouldn't be able to use all of the fuel available. Wouldn't that allow faster refill and help keep pressure up? I'm not trying to argue with you, just explain my thoughts and reasons for having them made.

I should be able to make all of the power a 200% nozzle can make and not run out of fuel. When I get the compounds installed I shouldn't be able to run out of air, either. Is there something I'm missing in this? I chose not to go with the 400% nozzles due to having read/heard of some failures with them and I DD my truck.

I know where he's going with this and you'll only "save" yourself anything if you eventually go to a 400% nozzle. Otherwise a 300 or even 250 with 200 over nozzles.

I think the conversation is going to all come.back to the build quality of the injector. Tim is proving his injectors are something different and appear to be better for some reason. Alot of people in the know are willing to back up what I just said.

V-Ref

Reaction score

YouTube Video

photo39.JPG

Thank you Mr. O for your post....if you've got a video of your truck/tuning at this fueling level...and the smoke or lack thereoff...thanks in advance.

Impressive...to say the least. Appreciate the post.

Blowby

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. O for your post....if you've got a video of your truck/tuning at this fueling level...and the smoke or lack thereoff...thanks in advance.

Impressive...to say the least. Appreciate the post.

I didn't get a video of the run to go with the dyno sheet above but I do have one of the emissions run on a load dyno.

YouTube Video

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I like the 400% nozzle. Does the same job as 200% in less time.

Mike. Willing to share what max PW was in that tune ?

DocBar

Reaction score
I know where he's going with this and you'll only "save" yourself anything if you eventually go to a 400% nozzle. Otherwise a 300 or even 250 with 200 over nozzles.

I think the conversation is going to all come.back to the build quality of the injector. Tim is proving his injectors are something different and appear to be better for some reason. Alot of people in the know are willing to back up what I just said.
Does that invalidate my thinking in going with 400/200's? If it does, OK. I made a bad choice and can send my 250/100's in to get made into something more gooder. If it's a matter of "my injectors rock and others don't", then I don't care as much. Show me some data and reasons why a 400/200 injector is a total waste, whether in an open forum or a PM.

BTW, only Native Texans can pull off the more gooder thang. If you ain't Texan, don;t even try. LOL

Blowby

Reaction score
I like the 400% nozzle. Does the same job as 200% in less time.

Mike. Willing to share what max PW was in that tune ?

Looking at the tables I can plot for this point in time:

RPMs - 3000
PW - 1.7
ICP - 2600
MFD - 52

Everything is in a dynamic state and always moving based on input from your sensors.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Does that invalidate my thinking in going with 400/200's? If it does, OK. I made a bad choice and can send my 250/100's in to get made into something more gooder. If it's a matter of "my injectors rock and others don't", then I don't care as much. Show me some data and reasons why a 400/200 injector is a total waste, whether in an open forum or a PM.

BTW, only Native Texans can pull off the more gooder thang. If you ain't Texan, don;t even try. LOL

Huh? No I was going to point directly at a guy who made 700+ on injectors the size you have now, with a 200% nozzle, and regard his input where he said tim's 300/200 is the best hot street injector he's ever seen. Yet they still do everything underneath a hot tune. That's all Im saying. Thuggy made more power than you probably will, adding all your mods up.

Jus sayin' Doc.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Huh? No I was going to point directly at a guy who made 700+ on injectors the size you have now, with a 200% nozzle, and regard his input where he said tim's 300/200 is the best hot street injector he's ever seen. Yet they still do everything underneath a hot tune. That's all Im saying. Thuggy made more power than you probably will, adding all your mods up.

Jus sayin' Doc.

On a dyno.... Dynos lie lol.

I believe his best was a 12.2. Hardly 700hp....

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

As long as you understand you are not using 400cc then you are fine. A lot of people do not realize this. Why would a 400cc capacity injector refill faster than a 300cc injector?

DocBar

Reaction score
As long as you understand you are not using 400cc then you are fine. A lot of people do not realize this. Why would a 400cc capacity injector refill faster than a 300cc injector?
I very well may be wrong, but if a 300CC injector uses more of the overall capacity of the fuel than a 400cc injector, the 400cc injector would have less volume to refill, meaning it would do so faster. Again, I'm not trying to be a know it all or argue with you. I'm just explaining why I did what I did. I also see where you were going with the statement you made that I quoted. You reach a point of silliness with some of this. "I have 1,000/200 injectors" kind of thing.

I really want 400/400's, but the nozzle issues scared me off. I figured 400/200's would make every bit of power that can be made with a 200% nozzle and not have to worry about fuel other than HPO. I have an SRP1 and Gen 3, so that's not much of a worry for me.

I guess I figure if I over build a bit, I won't over work as much and have more reliability.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
your on the right track doc, and kinda misguided at the same time.

silliness aside 300/200 or 400/200, made all things the same except capacity, use the same amount of fuel, and refill the same rate.

the difference comes in here. i'm going to use general round numbers. humor me.

if your tuning calls for 200cc per injection event, but on a WOT run you can only refill 195 cc's, this is where the cushion your thinking of comes into play. how many injection events can occur before it runs empty? and how fast do those events happen? therefore how soon from the time you mash the pedal till its empty with a 300? now a 400?

it has nothing to do with refilling faster, your fuel supply system is going to supply both injectors the same amount of fuel, it does not care if its filling a 300 or a 400. its a cushion against running them dry from the inability of refilling them with fuel, for when whatever mechanical/tuning issue arises, whether seen or unforseen.

if your tuning calls for 200 cc's, then you sure dont want to have a 200 cc injector. the injector would beat itself to death when (tim, fill in my blanks) _____(plunger?) beats against______ when emptying the fuel. you also use the fuel as a cushion/lubricant for those particular moving parts.

the professionals can clean that up, but thats the jist of it.

Latest posts

Members online