cam question

youngstroker

Reaction score
Looking to due my head studs soon and plan to pull the motor. While it is out i was thinking about Puttin a reground cam in, but i have herd a few cautions about regrinds, i have herd they are prone to break. Is that true or false? what goes it to a process of regrinding the cam, not looking for any trade secrets just a generalization of how it is done. Also if anyone has put a regrind in their truck, how do you like, was it worth it, and did you put new lifters in?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My 6.4 had roughly 17,000 miles on it when I put my cam in, and it had 200 miles on it un tuned.. I wasnt really worried about lifters, but the cam kicks ass.

My 6.0 had 40,000, and I replaced the lifters because I was anal, and going all out on it.

Cams make a world of a difference, we will have billets available this time next year, but we only start with GOOD cores, so theres really nothing to worry about with a regrind. I've never heard of a 6.0/6.4 cam breaking for what its worth.

youngstroker

Reaction score
How long would it take to regrind? Would it be possible to pull mine, give it to you guys, and get mine back, as long as i have a good core.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
We can get you one shipped out and you send core back or you can send yours in to get regrind from Colt Cams.

I'm puttin one in my 6.0 in the next few weeks

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You could.. The wait would be a while though. Or you can swap for one of the many ones I have boxed ready to ship tomorrow..

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Mdub707

Reaction score
They all seem to be around 600. What are you going to do about valve springs and pushrods though?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We have our own valvesprings available. For pushrods we normally use new fords. My truck has seen 4-5 grand numerous times, my pistons look new.

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Latest posts

Members online