Cam turbo and injector questions

oconnors17

Reaction score
Im trying to put together a motor making 800 horse power or close to it on fuel only. I use the truck for sled pulling and drag racing. Im thinking is running 275 cc injectors? I at one time was told the 68mm powermax is big enough at one time than I was told there is no way it will get me there but to get a mtw stage 4 but I don't know how big the stage 4 is. What turbo do you guys recommend to use? I also was going to run river citys cam but Im not sure what good this it will do for me other than allow me to turn 5000 rpms. Will running the high rpms make more power just raise my power curve and loose the bottom end? Does a stock or a 0.03 over motor make more power?

I plan on doing push rods and valve springs.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Your not going to make 800rwhp with the setups your talking aboit unless u spray

oconnors17

Reaction score
ok well Im not afraid of nitrous but Id like to be close to 800 on fuel. If that wont make it what will it make? and what do I need to make 800?

e.nickkk

Reaction score
My truck with dual hpop 205/100 mtw stage 4 oversized valves ported heads intake my best was 650 rwhp just to give y an idea but if yoy was a 68mm rcd I have one for sale

I think you would need twin turbos built bottom end dual hpop pump imo

oconnors17

Reaction score
How big is the mtw stage 4? I cant run twins and sled pull it. I can to race it though. Do you have any fuel left over to spray nitrous? With my track times and mph Im right around 650 right now. I really want to run a 11.49 that's fast enough for them to tell me to roll bar the truck and at that point Im done.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
MTW stage 4 has a 71mm inducer, there's no way you'll make close to 800rwhp without some big compounds and and a built bottom end.

oconnors17

Reaction score
What would be the most I can make on fuel with a big vgt single ? Could I make 700-750 and spray nitrous to mid 800?

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I think 700 would be in that range with a big single, if I was going to go that far I would just do coompounds.

Btw, 0.030" over isn't going to make any real difference.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I'd rather have a full built engine before I tried pushing 800, no point in putting a big vgt or compounds on it if you window the block with one dyno run or something similar.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
you still need rods to play in the 800 range

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Disagree.

Im trying to put together a motor making 800 horse power or close to it on fuel only. I use the truck for sled pulling and drag racing. Im thinking is running 275 cc injectors? I at one time was told the 68mm powermax is big enough at one time than I was told there is no way it will get me there but to get a mtw stage 4 but I don't know how big the stage 4 is. What turbo do you guys recommend to use? I also was going to run river citys cam but Im not sure what good this it will do for me other than allow me to turn 5000 rpms. Will running the high rpms make more power just raise my power curve and loose the bottom end? Does a stock or a 0.03 over motor make more power?

I plan on doing push rods and valve springs.

Not a snowman's chance in hell of making 800 on fuel with a 68 pmax and 275's... LOL LOL look into a s475 or similar and t4 up pipes from somewhere like MPD

I'm doing rods. Does anyone know anything about the cams?

my buddy has the RCD one in his. He did it at the same time as a bunch of other stuff so hard to say. But my truck with 300/150's and s472 cast wheel did about 640hp. His truck with pretty much the same injectors and a s475 did 710hp on the same dyno... if that's saying anything. Both trucks have super low ICP as we are both waiting on dual hpop setups.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Disagree.

Not a snowman's chance in hell of making 800 on fuel with a 68 pmax and 275's... LOL LOL look into a s475 or similar and t4 up pipes from somewhere like MPD

my buddy has the RCD one in his. He did it at the same time as a bunch of other stuff so hard to say. But my truck with 300/150's and s472 cast wheel did about 640hp. His truck with pretty much the same injectors and a s475 did 710hp on the same dyno... if that's saying anything. Both trucks have super low ICP as we are both waiting on dual hpop setups.

mines a dd, if I'm going to play in the 800 range I'll be sure mine has rods, not a gan of being that guy on the side of the road, I stay away from other vehicle brands for that reason

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
In a nutshell, it's not simple like a 6.4 or 6.7, heui is harder to squeeze the juice out of, and nobody has really pushed it all that far.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
In a few weeks when we get the new setup on my truck it should be at least 800. And honestly it's a quite simple setup. With the right setup 800 on fuel is definitely doable. Just this past weekend my buddy did 710 on fuel on a single, conventional injectors, and a stock hpop

oconnors17

Reaction score
I expect mine to break Im drag racing and sled pulling so Im sure it will break. I see these guys post saying they dyno 700 stock with nitrous and all these crazy numbers but when Im trying to do it, it cant be done. How is the S475 spool does light and stay light coming off the line at the drag strip.

stroker57

Reaction score
You can spool a s475 on the and keep it lit. I have a s475 it's not to bad driving around but it is a bit slow spooling up on the street but when it spools up you better hang on lol

Latest posts

Members online