Cam?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Debating on if I should do a cam while doing my build or not.

What's getting done -
S366, MPD manis and up-pipes, CED intake, Absolute intake mani, 225 or larger injectors, MPD O-ringed heads, RCD valve springs and push rods and the usual supporting stuff.

Also, how big of a pita is it to do a cam through the back without pulling the engine out? (Cab off trans out)

Cr500

Reaction score
Assuming you have heads off, you need to pull rear cover, lifter hold downs, hydraulic pump, oil rail branch, crank end, then you can remove the 2 bolts and pull cam.

Cr500

Reaction score
It would be a good idea to at least replace lifters. With all the plastic mess and stupid aftermarket oil filters these 6.0 s have, it seems at some point in Mosts life they have been low on oil pressure. What's 200 bucks when you're buying all that other stuff?

Snoop

Reaction score
If its in your budget, do it. Wish I could have to mine. I heard there is a lot more power on top end. And I also suggest lifters!

Also get a new rear main seal.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If its in your budget, do it. Wish I could have to mine. I heard there is a lot more power on top end. And I also suggest lifters!

Also get a new rear main seal.

I've been really thinking about doing it now. Was already going to be doing a new rear main, since mine is leaking slightly.

Cr500

Reaction score
I figured that would be said.
That rear seal flange has a machined lip. If checked runout before/ after it would be The same.
The people that wrote that part about ruining the crank if rear flange removed were same people who said that these motors can't run without egr system.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If someone does end up putting a cam in their truck, please take pics and notes for the rest of us lol. I contemplated doing it to mine recently, since I had thought I was going to be pulling the motor for studs/gaskets etc... but got access to a lift, so cab is going up and the cam can wait. It is something I would like to do in the future though.

Latest posts

Members online