can someone help me decide

chris89

Reaction score
Ill start out with my mods in my signature and at some point I want to get bigger injectors(maybe stage1 or stage2) and a larger turbo and obviously a fuel pump upgrade. Now, I have started thinking about a fuel system before I get the injectors, But don't know if I should just go with the RR or just start buying all my pieces for the whole thing.

SO, if you guys could point me in the right dirrections

patrickke

Reaction score

chris89

Reaction score
Do you do a free retune on my chip?

I want to do the RR for the better flow throughout the head

chris89

Reaction score
Pat-Sorry was talking to Eric, I didn't see you are a distributer too.

JBone-Where does that bolt to?

Jason

Reaction score
The baby swamp 150cc injectors will be a step backwards if you have a super duty. Youll be stepping backwards in cc's. I guess youd have all the advantages of a single shot, but youre not stepping up in size or power. I would atleast go to a 175cc injector, minimum of 30% nozzle, 80 or 100% would be what I personally would go with. I kmow everybody says no need to upgrade your stock 17* hpop with singles, but unless its in excellent shape (mileage doesnt mean crap, I've seen 70k mile hpops struggle to maintain 2100psi in hotter tunes. Id go t-500 for the hpop, stock fuel should be perfectly fine, regulated return, 38r, or an h2e dependent on year model of your truck.

Everybody says hybrids...if youve got smaller plans, it doesnt make sense money wise to drop an additional $1k on a set of injectors. Not everybody wants the same cookie cutter setup as the next guy. Some just want to freshen everything up and get a little extra response/power/fuel mileage. A $1300 set of injectors will do just that, no need to spend $2k plus.

chris89

Reaction score
I forgot to say I have a super duty. I tested my hpop with a 60-90 mph run and it help 2500psi I'm sure that could Chang with new injectors when I get them. I don't really know about how the injector sizing works. I'm used to efi cars where it's just a larger cc size.

bruce

Reaction score
The baby swamp 150cc injectors will be a step backwards if you have a super duty. Youll be stepping backwards in cc's. I guess youd have all the advantages of a single shot, but youre not stepping up in size or power. I would atleast go to a 175cc injector, minimum of 30% nozzle, 80 or 100% would be what I personally would go with. I kmow everybody says no need to upgrade your stock 17* hpop with singles, but unless its in excellent shape (mileage doesnt mean crap, I've seen 70k mile hpops struggle to maintain 2100psi in hotter tunes. Id go t-500 for the hpop, stock fuel should be perfectly fine, regulated return, 38r, or an h2e dependent on year model of your truck.

Everybody says hybrids...if youve got smaller plans, it doesnt make sense money wise to drop an additional $1k on a set of injectors. Not everybody wants the same cookie cutter setup as the next guy. Some just want to freshen everything up and get a little extra response/power/fuel mileage. A $1300 set of injectors will do just that, no need to spend $2k plus.

You do realize ad's are 140cc's. To the op, pick a power goal and go from there.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score

i assumed he had an OBS.. didnt see anywhere otherwise.

but if you have a super duty i can also get you set up with a set of warren hybrids or normal 7.3 injectors, along with a 38r or so, and gearhead, Swamps, tyrant, tuning. Do you have custom now?

Jason

Reaction score
Yes Bruce I kmow what size a sd 7.3 injector is. What I was saying is for the price spent on them, its not a worthwhile investment. I still stand by my recommended size.

As far as my comment regarding your hpop ability, if you are able to maintain that 2500psi with stock splits, i would imagine it would have zero issues with singles or hybrids. For a while anyhow.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Pat-Sorry was talking to Eric, I didn't see you are a distributer too.

JBone-Where does that bolt to?

I forgot to say I have a super duty. I tested my hpop with a 60-90 mph run and it help 2500psi I'm sure that could Chang with new injectors when I get them. I don't really know about how the injector sizing works. I'm used to efi cars where it's just a larger cc size.

It bolts to the fuel filter housing.

On the stock setup, there is a fuel pressure regulator on the side of the filter housing. It utilizes a spring to regulate the pressure.

With the FRx, you replace the old fuel pressure regulator with the FRx. The lines coming off of the FRx regulator go to the end of the fuel rails. This enables fuel to freely flow through the heads without hitting a dead and. When the fuel rail has a dead end, there is no where for air to escape except through the injectors. I'll take a pic of mine installed to show you what I am talking about.

chris89

Reaction score
I said I had a super duty at the top of this page.

I think I would be happy with 350 hp.

Eric, it wasn't totally custom I chose what was done to my pickup at the time I have intake and exhaust now

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
If its just a ts chip with TS tunes you will have to pay for a reburn since you will be going to single shots. Even if you go to a bigger split shot injector youll need custom tunes so you will still have to pay for the reburn.

Reaction score
I said I had a super duty at the top of this page.

I think I would be happy with 350 hp.

Eric, it wasn't totally custom I chose what was done to my pickup at the time I have intake and exhaust now

There have been guys reach that power goal with stock 140cc AD split shot injectors, a good HPOP, custom tuning, 38r turbo, and a regulated return.

A set of 160cc/80% nozzled stage 2's will be capable of a little over 400hp with a 38r, regulated return, and either a strong 17* HPOP or better HPOP.

chris89

Reaction score
Well I saw swamps will do a free reburn if you buy their injectors. What's the 80% in the 160cc/80? Can ou explain the hybrid term also

bruce

Reaction score
80% means the nozzles flows 80% more fuel per time than a stock nozzle. a hybrid is when you take the plunger and barrel out of a bd code 530 injector and put into an a code body, stock a codes (ad's) are 140cc split shot and have a 7:1 injection ratio, hybrids have a 5:1 injection ratio which means you can flow more fuel with less oil

Latest posts

Members online