can someone help me decide

Reaction score
80% means the nozzles flows 80% more fuel per time than a stock nozzle. a hybrid is when you take the plunger and barrel out of a bd code 530 injector and put into an a code body, stock a codes (ad's) are 140cc split shot and have a 7:1 injection ratio, hybrids have a 5:1 injection ratio which means you can flow more fuel with less oil

:whs: Except the part in red. That should say you can flow more fuel with the same amount of oil. IIRC 238cc hybrids need about as much oil as 160cc A codes with the same nozzle..

chris89

Reaction score
ok so just trying to understand this but I saw some injectors that were 160cc/100...Whats the (dis)advantage of those over a 160cc/80?

Reaction score
ok so just trying to understand this but I saw some injectors that were 160cc/100...Whats the (dis)advantage of those over a 160cc/80?

Obviously, the only difference is going to be the 80% larger than stock nozzles vs the 100% larger than stock nozzles. The 100% nozzles should allow the injector to inject the same amount of fuel into the cylinder FASTER than the 80% nozzles, which would allow for a little more power than the slower 80% nozzles.

chris89

Reaction score
ok so back to the main questions should I build the whole fuel system or just do a RR?

bruce

Reaction score
Stock pump will handle 500 or so. Do a sump or you in tank mods and a rr and you will hear a noticable difference in the injectors

TARM

Reaction score
You need to do your fuel system first if you do not want to start out by damaging those injectors.

I would just go ahead and do a full system. You can keep the stock pump as you do not need anymore but I would get rid of the fuel bowl and get a separate fuel water sep and a final stage that does a real 2-3mic absolute filtration. That and keep your oil clean will go a long ways in keeping those new injectors in your next upgrade good for a long time. The most important parts are the RR between the fuel bowl and engine and the Tank pick up. Put your water fuel sep between the tank and pump and your final between the pump and engine. Feed your heads from the rear and go out to the return from the front. Mount your reg on the HPOP res

Latest posts

Members online