Can This Be Done....

caladash

Reaction score
So I've been wishing I had a dually and have been considering converting mine to one. But I was thinking....putting a dually axle on my 02 and running super singles. Maybe finding an offset super single rim so the tire doesn't stick out to far. Maybe just an inch or two or three. (legal issues?) One reason for this is to be different, and I'm not a fan of dually beds!! So....thoughts?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
You simply won't have enough room to keep the tire under the wheelwell, unless you narrow the frame, rear end, and tub it. It'd look like an old gasser from the 60's wth all the tire hanging out. That's why he said to install dually fenders.

Are you wanting the "dually look" up front too? If so, simply swap to dually style spacers and wheels.

In the back, if you're looking to do super single, I'd just keep your rear and get wheels to fit. If you can't find the right offset, the money you saved by not swapping axles would pay for a set of custom offset wheels.

Sounds like a cool project. I've thought about this more than once. The day to day of driving a truck as wide as a dually is what kills it for me.

caladash

Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of the dually fenders! I want the stability of a dually while towing minus the dually look! If that makes sense. Dual look up front as well. It looks good in my head, just can't really figure if it will work mathematically. I'm kinda done with the track and dyne scene. Just enjoy watching. Aiming more for the "road king" look!

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
trey3.jpg

trey1.jpg

Not going to look too hot without flares, but I bet it'd look badass with 2011 flares on a short bed...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Gonna have to ask FCDP. Got those from an old PSN thread.

Edit: Sorry...

22.5" x 14" Alcoa Super Single with a Bridgestone Greatec 445/50/22.5 tire

02BigD

Reaction score
Thanks. Wonder how it bobtails in the rain?

Good looking truck, be nice to see the proportions in person.

jngreen

Reaction score
That's sexy! Looks like it would be alot to get this to work on a srw bed.

I think you need to keep your axles if you are going to try to use the srw bed, but then you don't look like a dually at all. You would look like a srw truck with super singles. You would also need a lift or do some major trimming to get it all to fit.

Looking for something like this?

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/image/cache/data/Gallery Trucks/Super Single/k3-675x425.jpg

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/image/cache/data/Gallery Trucks/Super Single/k2-675x425.jpg

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/image/cache/data/Gallery Trucks/Super Single/k4-675x425.jpg

1997 Ford F250
22.5X9.0 CLASSIC SUPER SINGLE WHEELS
255/70-22.5 ALL POSITION TIRES
4'' LIFT KIT

jngreen

Reaction score
I just happened to find those while cruising through the galleries on American Force's website. They have many different kinds of "super single" wheels, just look around and see what you like. Most of the pictures are of lifted trucks on 20x10 or 22x10 wheels and mud tires, thats why I posted the two trucks that I did.

I know you are looking for stability and dually looks, this is about as close as you are going to come to both in a srw form.

jngreen

Reaction score
Yuck. I hate drw fronts. Having them front and rear really sucks.

They don't look like drw fronts to me, if they were they would be rubbing the frame or springs. The obs looks good to me, it looks like factory Alcoa wheels only bigger.

I'm sure he could find some with some more offset or wider if he thinks they look too narrow, or you could always run wider spacers or adapters.

Latest posts

Members online