Can we do TDI builds on here?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna build mine. It's a 2004 VW Passat GLS with 160k miles. I tried selling it but couldn't get it sold for $6,000, so if I'm gonna keep it then I'm gonna build it. Should be fun.

Here's what I'm thinking.
Balance shaft delete and ALH oil pump
Front mount intercooler with steel piping
Bosio 1043 injectors
Colt stage 2 cam
Custom intake manifold
Egr delete
Custom downpipe cat delete
TDtuning custom tuning
Upgraded CV shafts
New front suspension
New motor mounts
KW shocks
Powder coated rims
Tinted windows

Should be good don't you think? I'll post some pics when I get started. Spending the next couple weeks ordering parts. I'll have to build the intake manifold, down pipe, EGR delete, and intercooler piping.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
Who do you send your injectors to for pop testing/balancing/shimming? I just bought some bosio dlc 1019's, sent them to a guy in missouri named frank, who is supposedly a really great guy. Well apparently he has a "problem" with bosio nozzles, and kerma tdi (if youre familiar with them) so once I sent them to him, he calls and says none of the BRAND NEW nozzles flowed right, and basically sounded like he wanted to make a sale on "his nozzles". Well, I made a thread on tdi club about this, and recieved a message from a kerma tdi employee who told me if I send them my injectors, they will set them up free of charge, if the nozzles are bad then they will be replaced at no cost to me, or if they were damaged by rhis frank guy, or if they work just fine and he lied, that I will go on tdi club and make sure everyone knows about it. So, my stuff will be sent to kerma once I get it back from that used car salesman named frank. I just wanted to share my experience with another tdi driver, in hopes that you wont run into the same issues. Your build looks awesome btw, good luck

HD F250

Reaction score
Looking forward to the build, I have two 2001 Jetta TDI project cars. One only has 53k on the clock and the other 165k. Good luck and keep us posted on the build. Pics would be awesome too.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Factory the BHW's have the VNT-17, so he is a step ahead of the game there. Sounds like an awesome build. Might want to read up on trans just to be safe, dont know if they have any upgrades out there for them.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah no upgrades for the trans. They will hold almost 200hp though so I'll chance it. It's a tiptronic and theyre better than the DSG. Plus this one only has about 300 miles on it. Its bran new. I'll get pics as soon as I start on it. I just have two more trucks to work on before I get this thing pulled in.

Last edited:

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Im putting the stage 2 colt into my wifes 06 jetta. Have had the parts for a long time I guess I should get that done. Then some sweet tunes and she should be good to go. She don't know all the plans for the little go cart.....

pdaddyvr6

Reaction score
Factory CVs and axles are pretty tough. As long as they haven't been run dry they are pretty damn tough. Seen many a high powered B5 passats and never seen a axle or cv failure, except on the strip with slicks and manual trans and side steppin it at 6k.............. just my 2 cents, from years of VW and Audi fixin, racing, breaking, lol. Now the B4 and earlier and A platform cars, that's a different story........

Latest posts

Members online