Can you hear your fuel pump?

drservo

Reaction score
I've always heard mine when the key is first on but does anyone hear theirs like this while its running? I don't remember hearing it while running until I put air bags and air horn on it, I know that wouldn't effect the fuel pump just weird that's when I started hearing it.

Cpstanley

Reaction score
I only hear mine when the key is first on. Where did you get your power from on your bags and horn?

Notneb

Reaction score
No but I'm hearing a slight squeaky warble at low speeds that matches engine speed...

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a squeak front my drive side front tire area. Taking it in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah mines going in next week, hopefully they don't say anything about the lack of certain parts...

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Mine comes and goes. Just depends. IF you hear it while driving I suggest slowing down or pulling over to investigate. Lost pressure, low power, then the shut down...yea it happened.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did you recently have fuel filter replaced? If so check and make sure the bottom cap s on all the way. Sometimes it will just about stop but still has another turn left in it. This will cause a noisy pump.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I've been getting the attitude that for such a "critical" system it's not winning trophies anytime soon. If someone needs to give a filter change such attention as to make sure an o-ring/seal doesn't fold over it's WAY too prissy.

BTW as an aviation technician I've seen plenty of things that require "attention to detail". I'm just surprised for something that requires such routine maintenance it's THAT touchy. If the upper filter disconnects are off just a tad/ dirty it's sucking air. WTH??

bigblzr94

Reaction score
make sure they did not move or push against any of the fuel lines to where they are touching the body or frame now. sounds like fuel line out of its isolators?

bdm1981

Reaction score
Mine started to do that pump whine at about 13500 miles. It had never done it before till then. I didn't notice any driveability issues with it so I didn't pay much attention to it. I changed the filters thinking it would help but didn't make any difference. So I went to the H&S setup, no more noise...lol.

Latest posts

Members online