Cancer awareness drag races, car show

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So my mother has been given a 6month to year sentence in a sort. Lung cancer is a horrible thing. I'm would like to try and raise some funds to try and help her and others in that position. I've never done anything like this before. I wanted to see if anyone on here has ever held and event like this. Should I get with the local cancer society, church's etc etc and see if we ca. Put something together. It never crosses your mind until it hits home. Thanks everyone.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
There is a huge crowd of houston guys that wouldn't be far from the event if you put something together. As for getting more people on board, you may way to get a mod to move this over to the general discussion section.

I don't have much else but wih you all the best and now I'll be in on this thread should something materialize...

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that buddy.

I know the feeling when it comes to cancer, both my mom and grand father suffered from it.

I'm sure that there is enough of on here that wouldn't mind one bit to help.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well I'm in the Pecos texas area working. Home is Austin tx. Mom goes to M D Anderson in Houston for drs visits. I would love to put something together. Some bracket racing, maybe dyno day before. Some car show or wht not. All donations going towards a cancer foundation. I'm not askin for funds directly to us. Just feel like I need to commit to the cause somehow. I don't know how to get a mod to move this discussion. I'll see what I can do

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

alradco

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that about your Mom.
We've been a part of some fund raising for cystic fibrosis. There's a lot of good info out there for cancer support. I like the ideas you have. A friend of ours is battling breast cancer right now.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Thank you and I wish the best to your friend

Thomas Edison.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your mom buddy. Maybe a moderator will move this to general discussion for you so you can get more exposure to your ideas. I think an event would be a great way to not only raise money, but raise awareness.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping to do. Awareness. Make something like the bikers do for abused children. There may be something already. I don't know. I'm just now getting into all of this.

Thomas Edison.

Latest posts

Members online