Cant decide...

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I can't decide what charger I want to run on my dually it has 250/200s... I currently have an s366 so I'm thinking about selling that and the mount and going with a t4 setup... Idk if I wonna run a gt4294 or just gate my s366 as the first one only lasted about 6 months with no Gate..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Yea I'd like the gtx version but there $$$$... If I believe a 38r would make 560hp and live a while I'd run one of those.im not calling bill a liar about your truck my mind was just blown when he Said what it made

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
Do the 467. Good spool up, Jake has great pricing and it is a great match for 250/200 with a manual so I would assume it would be killer with an automatic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OSCS

Reaction score
I can't decide what charger I want to run on my dually it has 250/200s... I currently have an s366 so I'm thinking about selling that and the mount and going with a t4 setup... Idk if I wonna run a gt4294 or just gate my s366 as the first one only lasted about 6 months with no Gate..

Damn 6 months that's it? What king of PSI where you hitting?

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
66mm is not enough for 200% nozzles. I think a 471 with the tightest turbine you can get, of course a wastegate. But this is your tow rig and DD machine you want to keep it streetable and the best way to do that is a .9ish turbine with a wastegate. If you got it, the 1.01 x4294 would be the cats ass. After a 800 mile trip through the mountains with my loud ass 366 i would happily pay the price for a quieter turbo, like the x series garretts.

TARM

Reaction score
I really like running a T4 mount as it gives you a much more versatility in what housing you can choose. How about a 4294r gated. IMO the only thing that would be better on the street as a single would be the X version. Pick up a 1.15 T4 housing. Have it gated as a single off the housing or have it as part of the mounting kit.

Matt has a deal in the works for a really good price on GTX4294s. Send him a PM or give him a call.

I think it would be awesome to see what that would do for power from those 200% and how much of a change it would have on fuel smoke egts etc.. and of course power ;)

TARM

Reaction score
I would go with the Irate setup. I really like what I see from him with that kit. Have it setup for the wg even if you can not afford to get it yet. If I stay with my current setup I will likely be replacing my hack job mount with one of his kits.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Definitely get the wastegate built into the mount. I am trying to shoehorn a wastegate on a different truck with a non-wastegated Irate mount :doh:

TARM

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation but my mount is in no uncertain terms a hack job. Its fully functional and does its job but man is it UGLY. I was someones very early attempt at a kit from way back. I picked it up 3rd hand at a price I could not say no to. But no way I am going to put the time and money into trying to add a WG to it.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Yea...I made 593 with these I injectors and an hx55 on the puller a few years ago and never ate up one of those chargers... Im thinking a gt 42 will be nice. Or keep the 66 and add an s480.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Either way you're going to have to put a wastegate on the mount. A s366 has a 80/74 turbine wheel, the 42's have a 83/75 wheel similar (in size at least, not sure about profile/trim) to a s400 standard wheel. Just some unuseful facts to ponder

TARM

Reaction score
Haven't looked in a year or so. Hopefully if I do not end up going a very different direction I am gonna take my time and try to snatch on up used if/when it comes up. Otherwise I will have no need for one.

Milford

Reaction score
Yea...I made 593 with these I injectors and an hx55 on the puller a few years ago and never ate up one of those chargers... Im thinking a gt 42 will be nice. Or keep the 66 and add an s480.

Hx 55 should take that abuse! They come on the ISX cummins and those run 600 hp.

Latest posts

Members online