Cant decide...

Reaction score
If you wanted to save the cost of the new WG mount, you could always put the wastegate in the turbine housing. I'm debating which way I will go in the future, but I'm kind of leaning towards modding the housing on mine since a WG on top of the uppipes on an OBS is even more of a PITA than the SDs.

Reaction score
If you wanted to save the cost of the new WG mount, you could always put the wastegate in the turbine housing. I'm debating which way I will go in the future, but I'm kind of leaning towards modding the housing on mine since a WG on top of the uppipes on an OBS is even more of a PITA than the SDs.

please do a write up if you do mod your housing... im running the TN T-4 mount....it moves the turbo up and forward, so i should have plenty of room to do this.. last weekend i wanted to mount my turbo on the old motor thats still in the truck..i wanted to see just how much room i will have, and to make sure the cover of my S467 will clear my stock plenums before i spend on a set of Beans plenums.....but it rained all weekend and still hasnt stopped.....

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
VC? I thought it cleared the stockers.. I was under the impression the only thing that was needed was the flat plenums?

2000wa250

Reaction score
It clears vc its the intake boot that can have figment issues with the ccv

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
None of the 4294 have that issue. With those 200% even the basic journal version is good for 600HP without gating.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I'm thinking of just running a jb 4294

After seeing what vanderchevy did with one, if I can find a good deal on one I'm thinking of running one of these as well! As much as I would like the 4294x I think I would be happy with he journal bearing version for now... I just never seem to be able to come across the super cheap version that just need rebuilding and a little parts swapping

TARM

Reaction score
That is what I am trying recommend as well. Not putting to much cash at it and you get the power and easy rebuild. As good of response as any of the other JB. Maybe not the air moving or spool up of a gtx but still very good and at a pennies to the dollar price. You can then decide how much you like it and go from there. Maybe sell it for what you paid and jump to a GTX at that point which gets you more everywhere.

farm boy

Reaction score
That is what I am trying recommend as well. Not putting to much cash at it and you get the power and easy rebuild. As good of response as any of the other JB. Maybe not the air moving or spool up of a gtx but still very good and at a pennies to the dollar price. You can then decide how much you like it and go from there. Maybe sell it for what you paid and jump to a GTX at that point which gets you more everywhere.

Whats your opinion on towing heavy with the GT4294 and a small set of hybrids? 238/80 - 250/200's. Decent spool up? Would it be a pain in the ass keeping the RPM's up enough to cruise down the highway with a load.

TARM

Reaction score
I can not say from personal experience sorry as I run in an Excursion and towing is limited to the hitch and 10K. But those that have had no issues. Its a very forgiving turbo. Its why I call it a do all turbo. It skates the line nicely. Go smaller you loose power go bigger and you end up with noticeable lag on the street. Just my opinion from what I have seen.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I can not say from personal experience sorry as I run in an Excursion and towing is limited to the hitch and 10K. But those that have had no issues. Its a very forgiving turbo. Its why I call it a do all turbo. It skates the line nicely. Go smaller you loose power go bigger and you end up with noticeable lag on the street. Just my opinion from what I have seen.

Well if you come across a cheap jb version let me know! I still can't believe vanderchevy sold his old one for like $50! I would love to find one anywhere near that price. I dont mind having to swap exhaust housings and what not I have looked online but the few places I have found don't list enough info for me me to know exactly what I'm looking at, and if I just jump on one of the Detroit turbos chances are I'm gonna buy the total wrong thing

Latest posts

Members online