Can't get DS door opened

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Not sure what to look for. Outside button does nothing, was stuck but came out. Inside does nothing, even when it should open if locked. The door lock knob to show if locked or not isn't going up and down all the way. Got electric locks. Need to get door opened to take panel off but can't do it obviously. I tried pulling up on the knob but just broke off the plastic part. Haven't worked too much on the locking mechanism on the truck. Any ideas?

DMDP

Reaction score
On my puller way back in the daily driver days, the rear drivers side door did the same thing. I was able to get the door panel off with it stuck shut. To be honest, I can't remember what linkage I had to play with but I f##ked with it for a while and it finally popped. Lubed everything up real well and never had a problem again. Wish I could be more help to ya now tho. Sure you can't finagle the door panel off?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had to do it on the rear ds door of my cclb, but they don't have screws at the bottom iirc, and it was kind of a biatch. I'd just about bet one of the two I suggested works.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thought I heard Ford could do something about getting the key for the door. Forgot to add that after years of being in the shed, I can't come up with the door key. Just the ignition key.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Thought I heard Ford could do something about getting the key for the door. Forgot to add that after years of being in the shed, I can't come up with the door key. Just the ignition key.

Say what? I thought that was just a chevy thing? Every obs and super duty I've been around all just had 1 key, that worked ignition and door, unless of course the truck had been broken into, and the door lock and key cylinder weren't setup with the same configuration.

Bugman

Reaction score
I have heard that instead of two keys for a Ford that you can cut a key with two different tumbler set ups. Use one side for the ignition and the other for the door.

I have never tried it since mine are fine with just one key but that is what I have heard.

Latest posts

Members online