BWCbuilt

Reaction score
u7asa2yd.jpg
azadusu8.jpg
upaqa5av.jpg
ypuhamyd.jpg

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
All that is left is to get a driveshaft made, hook up the exhaust, and finish mounting the tank.

Turbtators

Reaction score
Sweet project. I was curious when you cut the frame to accommodate a short bed, is the angled cut the only recommendedway for a short bed? Or do you have multiple options when you cut/weld so it'll still maintain the strength it had before?

JMart

Reaction score
Sweet project. I was curious when you cut the frame to accommodate a short bed, is the angled cut the only recommendedway for a short bed? Or do you have multiple options when you cut/weld so it'll still maintain the strength it had before?

You can cut it however you you want. You just have to weld it right and plating it helps.

bluedge8

Reaction score

I've seen a "z" cut, straight cut and this, angled cut. Depends on your skills and time, what the truck is going to be used for etc.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
You can cut it however you you want. You just have to weld it right and plating it helps.

WHS.... Other places on the internet love telling me that I am going to die a fiery death for how I welded it. But I guarantee with it plated and gusseted like it is, its not going anywhere.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I've seen a "z" cut, straight cut and this, angled cut. Depends on your skills and time, what the truck is going to be used for etc.

Angled cut gave me the most adjust-ability for getting it lined back up. The most that this truck is going to tow is my other truck, which is maybe 4k pounds.

JMart

Reaction score
I heard all sorts of things too when I did mine. It was fine for the two and a half years I owned it. Not so much as a crack.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I heard all sorts of things too when I did mine. It was fine for the two and a half years I owned it. Not so much as a crack.

People just like to get all bent out of shape when you do something a little different from the norm..... I mean you should see all of the people who hate half-empty.... literally people will go out of their way at a car show to tell me how stupid it is.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Angled cut gave me the most adjust-ability for getting it lined back up. The most that this truck is going to tow is my other truck, which is maybe 4k pounds.

I have no problem with your work, looks good. I would ride in it.

Members online

No members online now.