Carli 4.5" Pintop 2.5 ordered!

KingStroker

Reaction score
Well, as most of you know I have been blasting forums with questions about Carli suspension systems..
I finally decided on Carli tuned 2.5 Pintops with front coils, and complete rear Carli/Deaver leaves. I will retain the weak rcx drops for the track bar and radius arm drops for now, being they are 4.5" also. Brake lines, bump stops, the adjustable track bar, and most likely a 4-link will be done eventually.

I have heard about people having trouble with the rear spring removal, and a couple clearance issues with the huge 2.5" shocks.

What is the best way to get the driver's side spring off (without dropping the fuel tank)?

Will my 5" exhaust get in the way of the shock, if not, how close should be allowed for heat reasons?

Thanks in advance for all input you may have!
-Zack Wilson

Clean-15

Reaction score
I had zero issues with getting my springs out. Just loosened both sides and removed one at a time. You have to jack the truck way up to get the new ones in though. I had frame clearance issues too but haven't ground the frame yet. They touch so infrequently that it doesn't bug me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingStroker

Reaction score
I'll soak the spring bolts ahead of time, just to make sure. I am two years older than you, being a '13.

Frame clearance issues from the shocks? Does it only touch in extreme circumstances, if so?

Clean-15

Reaction score
Oh you meant the front bolts. Yes we had to heat them but once they are warm they come right off.

Yeah it only rubs now and again when I get the truck twisted up. Had I known I'd have ground the frame during install but I didn't figure it out until it was complete. Now I'm just waiting for better weather (and being a bit lazy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online